Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles with Mushroom Gravy: Tender green beans are wrapped in bacon and baked atop a creamy delicious mushroom sauce making these Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles with Mushroom Gravy an amazing side to your next meal!
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles with Mushroom Gravy
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Side Dish board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hey everyone!! It’s Alli again from Tornadough Alli! I’m so happy to be sharing here with Rachael again this month! I cannot even fathom how quickly the Holiday’s are coming up. Last time I checked it was back to school and here we are with Winter fast approaching! The leaves have fallen, the air is crisper and Fall is in full swing and green beans are on.
I’ve always been a big fan of Green Bean Casserole. It’s absolutely one of the things that I HAVE to have for Thanksgiving. A few years ago I made these Green Bean Bundles with Mushroom Gravy and have been hooked ever since. It’s a total play on the Green Bean Casserole! For those of you who love the taste, but want to think a little more outside the box of traditionalism.
Fresh green beans are wrapped in bacon and placed a top of a homemade mushroom gravy and baked until tender and crispy. The Mushroom Gravy absolutely gives this dish a depth of flavor that is to die for! I can’t help but want to lick it off my plate! Is that a little much? I’m sure there are people who can relate with me though on that front!
One good thing about this recipe that it can easily be doubled for larger family gatherings if you choose to do that! And with how good this stuff is making more is always highly encouraged! Trust me 🙂
My husband always grows a garden each year and our bumper crop seems to be our (his, I don’t have a green thumb in me) green beans! We always get oodles of them and they are seriously so good, so we continue to grow them each year because they are the perfect vegetable to have on hand for so many different meals!
I don’t think you’d be surprised to know that this recipe whips up in less than an hour from start to finish! We adore quick meals in our house and anything that we can make that utilizes fresh ingredients, easy to assemble, and low maintenance is a winning dish in my book!
So if you’re looking for a tasty, easy and fun option to switch it up this Thanksgiving or for just a great side dish then these Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles are exactly what you need! Giving a fun spin on a classic dish, these are elegant looking without all the hassle!
- Leafy greens and green vegetable provide more nutrients per calorie than all other foods.
- Non-starchy vegetables from all other colors of the rainbow are second highest in nutrients of all foods.
- The more vegetables you eat the more nutritional strength you will receive.
- Find ways to include non-starchy vegetables of all colors with rice, noodles, potatoes, squash, hummus, quinoa, and so forth.
- My Favorite Veggie prep tools: Wusthof Chef knife, spralizer, cutting board, and grater/zester combo.
Other Great Vegetables
- Vegetable Hummus Flatbread
- Quinoa Super Salad
- Veggie Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Vegetable Lo Mein
- Stir-Fry Veggie Noodles
Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles with Mushroon Gravy
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 lb fresh or frozen green beans defrosted and trimmed
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp basil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut your bacon slices in half and stretch slighty.
- Grabbing about 6-7 green beans, bundle together and wrap bacon around center of each bundle.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile to make your Mushroom Gravy, in saute pan add your butter and melt, once melted add your mushrooms and saute until tender.
- Add your minced garlic for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in your flour, then slowly add your beef broth and heavy cream.
- Gradually stir until thickened.
- Season with salt, pepper and basil.
- Pour in the bottom of a 11"x7" baking dish and top with your green bean bundles.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and green beans are tender.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Don’t forget to pin to your THANKSGIVING SIDES board: