This post is sponsored by Sabra, all opinions are my own.
Vegetable Hummus Flatbread: This flavor packed flatbread is slathered in delicious Sabra hummus and layered with fresh mandolin sliced vegetables. It is a fresh, delicious appetizer, so satisfying it feels like a meal.
You read that right: Vegetable Hummus Flatbread. National Hummus Day is May 13th and Sabra and I are celebrating with these super simple, super delicious vegetable hummus flatbreads. They are low prep, low mess, big flavor, and also full of those good nutritious things that make you feel great and give you energy.
I am a big fan of hummus, whether I am using it as a dip, a dressing, or a condiment (think spread on sandwiches or wraps instead of mayo), I can’t get enough. I was recently traveling overseas and one of the provided snacks was a hummus plate. I devoured it and loved the reminder of what a simple, nutritious, and delicious snack hummus can be.
When I got home, I stocked my fridge with hummus, and have been using it in just about everything since. Sabra is obviously the best. So you better believe that is the hummus you’ll find in my fridge. I love all of their amazing flavors, and keep them stocked for late night snacking, party appetizers, after school snacks, and more.
I think my personal favorite Sabra hummus is the basil pesto, but it is like choosing a favorite child, it is just so hard, and totally depends on my mood.
For this Vegetable Hummus Flatbread, I opted to go with the Classic Hummus. I love the plant based nutrition it offers, and the versatility. It pairs so well with basically any vegetable, and made these personal sized flatbread appetizers easy and tasty.
I highly recommend giving it a try. You may find your new favorite go to snack!
Reasons to Love Vegetable Hummus Flatbread
- Customizable: I love that I can put whatever veggies I have on hand on top and because it is paired with delicious Sabra hummus, I know it is going to be good. Just be sure to use a mandolin slicer, or cut the veggies thin. This makes it easier to eat, and allows for a bite with all the flavors.
- Crunch, texture, flavor: The flatbread offers all the things you want, creamy smooth hummus, crunchy delicious veggies, a nice chewy flatbread, and you can finish it with a drizzle of olive oil and some flake salt for extra deliciousness.
- Unofficial Meal: This flatbread is so good, and good for you, it actually becomes an unofficial meal. You know, that 4th meal, the mid-afternoon, pre-dinner pick me up that everyone needs. It is the perfect way to make it to dinner with something good for you in your belly.
- Easy: This healthy, satisfying flatbread is an easy appetizer, a great snack, or as previously mentioned, a wonderful unofficial meal. The flatbread is a pre-made purchased flatbread, the hummus Sabra Original, and then the veggies are simply mandolin sliced for a quick fix.
What makes the Unofficial Meal so great?
- The food: Obviously the fresh, satisfying Sabra Hummus with all those tasty veggies make this one a winner!
- Connections: When you make something delicious, it is easy to share with friends/family. Food brings people together, and really good food keeps them together.
- Informality: When you are eating an unofficial meal there are no “formal meal” rules, so skip the plates (and the dishes), and just enjoy!
Other appetizers that you may want to give a try:
- Homemade Hummus
- Avocado Egg Rolls
- Thai Tuna Wonton Cups
- Best Ever Layered Bean Dip
- Caprese Baked Cheese Dip
Vegetable Hummus Flatbread
- 4 mini naan flatbread
- 1 cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup carrots thinly mandolin sliced
- 1/4 cup radishes thinly mandolin sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumbers thinly mandolin sliced
- 2 sweet mini peppers thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Flake salt
- Wash vegetables, then using a mandolin slicer, thinly slice carrots, radishes, and cucumbers, set aside.
- Using a Mandolin Slicer will save a lot of time as well as creating uniform slices of vegetables.
- Place flatbread on a serving tray or plate.
- Spread Sabra Classic Hummus over the top, as thick as you want (1/4 cup per flatbread or more)
- Top with fresh arugula and thinly sliced veggies.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil
- Sprinkle with flake salt
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Appetizer board: