With football season just about here, I wanted to share a quick, easy, and awesome appetizer, game day, chicken wing recipe.
It is so easy, and just kicks up the traditional bottled BBQ to a new level without a lot of hassle.
Barbecue Chicken Wings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 chicken wings or drumettes
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbs Worcestershire
- 1 Tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a ziptop bag, combine flour, chili powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Add wings to the bag, and shake to coat.
- Once coated, place the floured wings on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Shake off any excess flour before if needed.
- Make sure wings are in a single layer, with some room between each, then bake for 45 minutes.
- Flip wings halfway through 45 minute bake time.
- Meanwhile, combine BBQ sauce of choice with honey, Worcestershire, and butter in a large bowl and set aside.
- At 45 minutes, check wings, cook until skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Then remove from oven, and place in the bowl with BBQ sauce mixture. Stir to coat the wings evenly.
- Preheat oven to 500°F .
- Place the coated wings back onto the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and caramelized.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Leave a Reply