BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs (Crock Pot) are so tender, so flavorful, and the easiest thing ever. You whip up this killer BBQ sauce, and the crock pot does the rest of the work.
Don’t you just hate how everything has to be so hard? I mean life is just plain hard sometimes. Right? And sadly, this BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs recipe is not the easiest. It does require one step that is work. You have to make a homemade barbeque sauce. But don’t let this get your down. This sauce is worth every ounce of effort. Every. Single. Moment. Every single iota of energy.
It is tangy, sweet, delicious, and oh so yummy. This is a family favorite. And beyond making the BBQ sauce, you just need to toss it all in the slow cooker. This slow cooker is super convenient, you just set n’ forget, it automatically switches to warm for you. And you drool for the hours it cooks and you smell the flavors, and get tantalized by the sauce.
Then when you take your first bite, you will be transported. For me, I am transported to summer. BBQ always reminds me of summer, and makes me happy. Which is why I make it so much.
These BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs can cook up in the crock pot alone, but I always like to throw them on the grill after just to give it a little extra flavor and glaze up the sauce. The heat from the grill will make some of the sugars from the sauce crystalize, giving it a nice extra punch of mouth-watering goodness. Topping it with a little extra sauce after gives it just that right amount of flavor.
These ribs are country style, and they come boneless or bone-in. I usually opt for the boneless, but can’t always find them (as evidenced above). Either way is going to be amazing because BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs will get so tender they will fall right off the bone anyway. If you want a little more chew to your ribs, take them out sooner. I like them to be fork tender, and don’t want my kids to have to gnaw them off the bones. So that is my preference. Go with yours!
In this picture I am using a traditional basting brush. I have since found a love for these silicone brushes, so easy to clean and they don’t leave bristles.
More Crock Pot Recipes You May Love:
- Crock Pot Peanut Clusters
- Crock Pot Shredded BBQ Chicken Tacos
- 7 Minute (Prep) Artisan Crock Pot Bread
- Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Pork
- Crock Pot Pork Tacos
BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs
- 2-4 lbs country style pork ribs cut to whatever size you prefer
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 14 ounce bottle of ketchup
- 12 ounce bottle of chili sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tbs Horseradish
- 1 Tbs Hot sauce sriracha, tabasco
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- Cut ribs to desired size, season with salt and pepper
- Place in slow cooker and begin cooking on high for 4 hours
- Meanwhile, make BBQ sauce, by adding all sauce ingredients to a heavy bottomed saucepan, and stir together over medium heat until butter and sugar are melted.
- Pour liquid out of the crock pot.
- Reserve a cup or so of BBQ sauce for dipping later, and pour the rest of the sauce over the ribs.
- Cook 2-3 more hours until fork tender,
- Remove ribs from crockpot and brush more sauce on and eat or cook on BBQ grill just long enough for grill marks and slight carmelization of sauce.
- Serve hot with extra sauce on the side for dipping.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Crock Pot board on PINTEREST: