7 Minutes Prep time, Artisan Crock Pot Bread: Crusty exterior, soft chewy interior, perfect for soup or artisan sandwiches, and literally takes only 7 minutes to throw together. This is the easiest bread ever. If you haven’t ever made bread in your crock pot you need to change that NOW!
Artisan Crock Pot Bread
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Slow Cooker board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
You guys, I really like this bread. Now, granted it is not the best bread ever. It is not even the tenth best bread ever. But it is the BEST bread you can make, homemade, in just 7 minutes with 1 dirty dish! I mean c’mon…I can’t even drive to the grocery store, walk the aisles, choose my bread, check out, get back in my car and get home in 7 minutes.
So this bread is quite literally easier than buying bread!
You do have to let it cook for about and hour and a half, but the real time required by you, if you decide to knead by hand, instead of using a mixer, is 7 MINUTES! A total win for the busy mom, and seriously good when you are eating something like Corn Chowder or Beef Stew and want a nice crusty bread to go with it.
I have made it several times, and am updating the photos, so if you got here from Pinterest and the pictures aren’t all the same, that is why!
I have been on a Gilmore Girls kick lately, watching tons and tons of Rory and Loralei and unfortunately picking up some of their bad eating habits..ya know, take out for every meal, tons of sugar, no regard for calories or health.
But I am determined this week to make dinner every night, and this bread is certainly helping make that easier. I have several slow cookers, so I can make bread in one, and a nice stew in the other, and not think about dinner again until my hungry family comes clamoring! Plus, the lack of dishes is really, really nice! I used a 5 quart slow cooker for this bread.
Making Slow Cooker Bread
All you have to do is:
- Mix up the ingredients
- Knead for about 5 minutes in a stand mixer
- Then put your ball of dough in the crock pot on high for an hour and a half.
- Broil: The bottom gets nice and crispy, but the top can be a little soft, so then you stick it in the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes to brown it up and you are good to go!
Pretty easy right? Do yourself a favor and give it a try. You can sub out white sugar for the honey if you don’t have any, and you can even add in some seasonings like rosemary and garlic to give it different flavor.
Crock Pot Bread Tips
A few things to note:
- Make sure your yeast foams or it won’t work.
- A quality flour will result in a quality bread. My favorite is Bob’s Red Mill.
- You want to get the dough in the center of the crock pot or you will get parts that are browned more than others.
- Use the paper towels, and lay them across the top to catch steam or it might get too soggy.
- Top with butter, jam, or honey for even better flavor!
This bread really is a winner!
7 Minute Crock Pot Bread
- 1 TBS yeast
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 TBS white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Parchment paper
- 3 paper towels
- Mix together warm (not hot) water, yeast, and honey, and let sit for a minute for yeast to foam
- Stir together flour, sugar, salt, and then mix with yeast mixture and olive oil
- Stir together with a wooden spoon
- Knead for 5 minutes, either by hand or with a stand mixer and hook attachment
- Line a crock pot with parchment and place ball of dough in center
- Put paper towels over the top, and put the lid, very slightly ajar over that, this will help absorb some of the moisture so the top of your bread is not mushy and wet while the bottom is crispy and hard.
- Cook on high for an hour and a half, or until bottom is browned (You can just lift it out with the parchment to check how brown the bottom is)
- Remove from crock pot, put on a baking tray, and into a preheated oven set to broil on high. Broil 2-3 minutes or until you reach the desired golden brown.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Slow Cooker recipes board.
If you love bread, check out these Garlic Bread Twists