BBQ Pork Quinoa Sweet Potato Burritos
Crowd pleasing, healthy, and easy. These burritos are perfect for making ahead and freezing for busy nights. I love burritos, and I especially love burritos that I can freeze and use on busy days. These fit the bill, and make my tastebuds sing. Win-win-win in my book. I promise you will love these if you like BBQ pork, and a savory, tasty, filling, hearty burrito. These are not as easy as some of my meals, but in reality they take a little prep, but not too much work, and are a crowd-pleaser.
Because I usually make this recipe while doing a freezer meal cook, I cook up a big batch of quinoa, a crock pot full of sweet and spicy pulled pork, and I roast a large pan full of sweet potatoes and jalapeños (trust me the flavors blend amazingly), grab my cheese, salsa, and black beans, then I do a huge assembly line style batch. I just open a few cans of black beans, but you could cook them from dry in your crock pot if you want. I assemble, roll in foil, and freeze. Then the day I want to eat it I cook it in my oven on 350 for about 20 minutes. Perfection!
These are also great with my favorite garnish, avocado! Or you can add some sour cream, extra salsa, or whatever you enjoy most on a big fat burrito!
Be sure to also check out the Healthy Sweet Potato Harvest
Or dip these burritos in this Creamy Buttermilk Tomatillo Ranch:
BBQ Pork, Qunioa, Sweet Potato Burritos
- 12 white flour tortillas
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 cup favorite Salsa I love Jack's from Costco
- 1 lb BBQ Pork
- 2 Cups shredded cheese
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp garlic salt stirred in for seasoning
Roasted Sweet Potato Mix
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup bottled jalapenos
- 1 tbs jalapeno juice (the stuff in the bottle with the jalapenos
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Start by mixing all roasted sweet potato mixture ingredients in a bowl, toss well to coat with the oil and seasonings
- Preheat oven to 450
- Put sweet potato mixture on a baking sheet
- Roast in oven for 25 minutes, stir half way through
- Cook quinoa, season with a little cumin and garlic
- Cook pork in crock pot according to directions here.
- Assemble on top of pancake griddle if eating immediately, put down tortilla, cheese, salsa, quinoa, beans, meat, then roasted sweet potato mixture. When cheese is melted you are done.
- Fold, wrap in foil for easier eating
- If freezing, assemble cold, wrap in foil, on day of eating, place in foil on cooking sheet from frozen of slightly frozen, and cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.