Easy Crock Pot Roast: This simple crock pot chuck roast recipe will have your mouth absolutely watering as it slow cooks to perfection over 8 hours.
This is an easy crock pot meal that you can put on and forget about. Simply add your chuck roast, potatoes, and carrots to your crock pot and let it cook. 8 hours later you’ll have a delicious chuck roast and a complete meal waiting for you.
A simple slow cooker roast, perfect for Sunday dinner
I am an old fashioned farm girl at heart. My favorite Sunday dinner is crock pot roast. Having a roast with potatoes and carrots just makes me feel nostalgic, and comforted. And beyond the nostalgia factor, and the comfort food thing, one of the biggest perks of this recipe is it can be thrown together in the morning, and will work its magic all day, so you can come home to a pot of delicious comfort food. This Crock Pot Pot Roast is one of my favorite recipes.
If it is Sunday, I love to throw this pot roast together before we head off to church, then come home to a house that smells like heaven. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about the tasty deliciousness of this crock pot dish. By the time I throw a salad together and set the table, it is ready to serve. We rarely have leftovers. And I highly suggest using the carrots, the combo is to die for!
Now, I don’t typically have the patience to take the drippings and make a gravy to serve over it. But if you do, then just know that this combination makes one heck of a gravy. And if you make mashed potatoes instead of adding the potatoes, those drippings become a killer mashed potato gravy.
How to make pot roast in crock pot:
- If you really want an amazingly juicy and tender crock pot pot roast cooked in the slow cooker, there are a few things you have to do, and it all starts with a good sear. My favorite fry pan is made by Anolon. I love the Anolon products because they are heavy duty and allow for quick and even heating, they are non stick for an easy clean up, and metal utensil safe. Use tongs, and get all around the pot roast, including the edges; and make sure to seal it up nice and tight. Make sure you have a hot pan, a little oil, and pat that thing dry so it sears, not steams.
- Add enough liquid, to your crock pot but not too much. I have a Hamilton Beach crock pot which I love because it is easy to program so there is no need to keep watch on your recipe, it cleans up easily and has dishwasher safe stoneware and lid, and three temperature setting and will automatically switch to warm when roast has finished. If your roast is on the smaller side, add your carrots and potatoes first; then, put the roast on top. Otherwise the roast with boil and won’t be as tender. You want the meat to become nice and juicy and infused with the flavors of the broth, but not boiled. I like to pull it apart into chunks, and put it back in the drippings for 5 minutes or so, that way it can absorb back in some of the juice and get extra moist.
- Time. Giving a crock pot roast enough time is critical to tenderness. If you are impatient, you are going to be dealing with something dry and chewy. So give it time to get nice and tender.
Simple mashed potatoes gravy from roast drippings
- To convert your drippings to be mashed potato gravy ready when the roast is done, add 1 can of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup, as the last ingredient to the crock pot. Easy and mmm, so good!
- Also, if you are wanting to invite a friend(s) to Sunday Dinner, this time-honored meal will help them to feel right at home!
What pairs well with crock pot roast
Not only is this Crock Pot Pot Roast tender and delicious, but it is a pretty complete meal. Here is what I love to make to go with it:
- Simple and Quick Dinner Rolls
- Garlic Bread Twists
- Strawberry Pecan Spinach Salad
- Easy Turtle Poke Cake
- Summer Fruit Salad
Easy Crock Pot Roast Recipe
- 2-3 lb Chuck Roast or Beef Roast of Choice
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs mined dry onions
- 1 Tbs dried parsley
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 1 Tbs beef bouillon the paste kind, or cubes
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 lbs potatoes cubed
- 1 lb baby carrots
- Using aFrying Pan brown all sides of your roast by heating olive oil over medium-high heat, and searing all the sides.
- In a Crock Pot/Slow Cookeradd: onion, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, brown sugar, minced dry onion, dried parsley, dried oregano, bouillion, and beef broth.
- Add roast to slow cooker
- Wash and cube potatoes, add to crock pot
- Add baby carrots
- Push them down so they are submersed in the liquid.
- Cook 7-8 hours on medium or high, until roast is fall apart tender (patience)
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Crock Pot board on Pinterest: