Video #3 is here! I am showing you how to make your own vinaigrette so you can avoid synthetic flavorings and additives and control your flavor profile! And then I am going to show you how to apply it with this amazing salad!
Chinese Chicken Salad with Mandarin Lemon Vinaigrette
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Salads board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Chinese Chicken Salad with crunch, tang, and texture, but also the most amazing flavor profile ever! I basically ate the entire bowl myself.
You guys I was really excited to share this video with you, and when I went on my computer to edit the photos for the salad I had created to go with this video, I couldn’t find them! Then I realized I was an idiot and had not taken the photos off the memory card, and had reformatted the card so pictures were gone! Boo. But out of my mistake came this glorious creation. I needed a salad so I could share this video, and so I looked in my fridge, and decided to make this with what I had.
The salad is ridiculously good. And the dressing even better. Guys I used mandarin orange juice. Like the simple syrup that comes in the can of mandarin oranges. It offered a great sweetness to balance out the lemon and give the perfect tang to this salad!
Chinese Chicken Salad with Mandarin Orange Vinaigrette
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup match-sticked carrots
- 3 mini sweet peppers red, sliced
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges reserve the juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- 1 chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbs Honey
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha or hot sauce of choice
- 1/2 Tbs Mandarin Orange juice
- 1/2 Tbs Lemon Juice Fresh is best
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, and in a small fry pan with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add sweet chili sauce, honey, lemon juice, and Sriracha on top of chicken, stir well and cook until chicken is done (4-5 more minutes), then set aside to let cool.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and toss all the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, set aside
- In a mason jar or salad dressing jar mix together salad dressing ingredients
- Combine chicken and salad ingredients, and toss well. The sauce from the chicken should lightly coat the cabbage.
- Add dressing right before serving according to preference
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
For other yummy salads be sure to check out: