This banana bread is easy to make, nice and chocolatey, and has some toffee bits mixed in for even more flavor.
Instead of cake I thought I would make something less traditional, but just as yummy. I LOVE banana bread. I make it a lot. Sometimes I buy bananas just to wait for them to go brown so I can make banana bread. I usually like plain and simple banana bread like this one. But every now and then I like to make it a little more intense. My favorite version is this cream cheese banana bread. At least it was until now!
I was totally wanting chocolate. And I had about a cup of toffee bits. Chocolate and toffee go well together, so I thought I would try them in banana bread. Sadly the bits kind of just dissolved into the bread, so when you eat it you don’t get bits of toffee, but there is a subtle toffee flavor. I may try to figure out how to make the toffee stay like a chocolate chip, so you get actual bits. I am guessing I need bigger pieces. But even without chunks of toffee, this bread was tasty!
Chocolate Toffee Banana Bread
- 3 bananas brown, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2- 1 cup sugar depends on how sweet you want it
- 1 egg whisked with a fork
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 11/2 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate fudge sauce
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients by hand until well incorporated, saving toffee bits and chocolate chips for last
- Grease a 9x4x4 size loaf pan, and pour mixture into the pan
- Bake approximately 1 hour or until browned and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean (check at about 50 minutes)
- Cool on rack
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Kristi at I Should Be Mopping the Floor
Want more banana bread options?