Easy Banana Bread: Super Simple Banana Bread that is moist, has a rich banana flavor, and the perfect texture. No mixer needed, this really is the easiest banana bread you will ever make.
Super Simple Banana Bread
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Quick Breads board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
You guys! Banana bread is one of my favorites, and I have a lot of recipes for it. The most popular one on my site is this one, and the second most popular is the Cream Cheese Banana Bread. I love the cream cheese filling, but sometimes I just want plain, simple, easy to make, no machine needed banana bread. I mean seriously, this is SUPER SIMPLE BANANA BREAD!
I frequently have too many over-ripe bananas, and so I went in search of the perfect simple banana bread. I found it. It is not my recipe, even though I did make a few minor tweaks. This recipe comes courtesy of Simply Recipes. I love this Super Simple Banana Bread because you don’t need a mixer or hand mixer to make it. You can whisk the egg with a fork, and just stir everything up in a bowl, and then you have easy to make, and even easier to eat, Super Simple Banana Bread!
I usually double the batch and do one big loaf (pictured) and a few mini loaves of Super Simple Banana Bread which we devour, or give as gifts. The last time I made this banana bread I used a muffin tin and made it into muffins (which bake up a lot quicker than the loaf), and my sweet kiddos had them for quick grab and go breakfast options, and for after school snacks.
I can think of a million ways to enjoy an Easy Banana Bread! How about making this Super Simple Banana Bread recipe into easy banana bread muffins? I mean the possibilities are endless.
Super Simple Banana Bread Made Healthier:
If you want to make this recipe healthier there are a few things you can do.
- Grind oats: You can use your blender to grind up some old fashioned oats, and sub out half the flour for oat flour in this banana bread recipe.
- Applesauce: One healthy alternative for this easy banana bread is to use some applesauce instead of the butter, although this will change the flavor.
- Less sugar: You can definitely cut down on the sugar in this recipe, but you will want to keep some in. I have made banana bread with about half the mentioned sugar and it is great. But base this on the sweetness of your bananas.
I find that I am pretty plain Jane when it comes to my banana bread. I try to use a really good vanilla. This is my favorite vanilla of all time. I do not love adding nuts, or chocolate chips. But my kids do. They love when I add chocolate chips. What is your favorite way to eat banana bread? Here are a few fun options:
- Chocolate Chips
- Streusel topped
- Cream cheese filling
- Flavored chips: butterscotch, peanut butter, vanilla
I love a nice pat of butter on mine, and prefer eating it fresh out of the oven. It is hard for me to wait for it to cool sometimes. But I have found that the flavors tend to intensify if you wait to eat it until it is cooled, or a day or so later. No matter how you like your banana bread, might I suggest trying this Super Simple Banana Bread recipe as it is really quite delicious!
Super Simple Banana Bread Tools:
- Mixing Bowl: All you need to make this recipe is a mixing bowl and wire whisk. It really is that easy.
- Loaf Pan: My favorite loaf pan for good release of banana bread is Wilton brand. You can check out some full size options here or try the mini sized loaf pans for fun gifts! Or check out the gorgeous Rachael Ray loaf pans. I want the blue one!
- Cooling Rack: Letting the banana bread cool will help to intensify the flavors.
Are you looking for an easy weeknight dinner solution?
Try the Eazy Peazy Mealz Recipe Binder: Get a printable version of all our favorite recipes in one convenient e-book for only $5!
Plus, you’ll get so much more, from conversion charts and tips, to meal planning worksheets and shopping lists. 200 + pages to make your weeknights easier.
⇒ ⇒ Get it here ⇐ ⇐
Super Simple Banana Bread
- 3 bananas brown, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2- 1 cup sugar depends on how sweet you want it
- 1 egg whisked with a fork
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients by hand until well incorporated
- Pour into a greased bread pan (approx 9x4x4)
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean (check at about 50 minutes)
- Cool on a cooling rack
Other banana bread recipes you might enjoy:
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- Honey Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Oat Banana Muffins