Cream Cheese Banana Bread! Have you guys tried the whole cream cheese inside of bread thing? I love doing this because it makes a bread (think zucchini, pumpkin, or banana) taste a little like cheesecake. And I love cheesecake! But it is also such a fun way to change up your banana bread.
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Quick Bread board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Take a close look at this picture because you will see how I did not do a great job of spreading my cream cheese layer very evenly in my Cream Cheese Banana Bread. I used my favorite rubber spatula, but was in a hurry. So it was not very even. But want to know a secret? It still tasted amazing! Like really amazing.
Here’s another confession. The first time I made Cream Cheese Banana Bread, I did not actually make the cream cheese filling. I had made these Strawberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries, and since I know I have no self control when it comes to good tasting food, I did not make the whole batch. So I had cream cheese mix left, and I was trying to decide what to do with it. The results of adding it to my banana bread were so good, I am not sure I will ever go back. Much the pity for my hips, thighs, and general appearance! But the sacrifice might just be worth it. Maybe I should invest in some workout DVDs to move to while I cook.
Here’s the thing…you are going to have a time in your life when the bananas on your stand go brown. And instead of mourning the loss of the cheerful yellow, celebrate the moist, flavorful, baking project you have ahead of you! Then take a page out of my playbook, and shop the “manager special” section of your grocery store so you can always buy the too ripe bananas!
This Cream Cheese Banana Bread keeps really well in the fridge, which I love because it means I can make it, slice it, and wrap it in foil, then whenever I want a little treat, I grab a decadent slice, and am on my way. Back to things like taking care of my son who just bruised/broke his nose playing catch with his sister. Or cleaning up the juice that spilled on my freshly mopped floor (the floor I put off mopping quite successfully for like 3 months before that). Sigh…you know, the normal everyday stuff that takes up your life.
Love Banana Bread? Try some of these fun variations:
- Super Simple Banana Bread
- Cranberry Almond Banana Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Coconut Vanilla Banana Bread
- Chocolate Toffee Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey greek yogurt plain, or sour cream works too
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas mashed about 1 cup
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbs flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F
- Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan and flour, set aside. I like this 9x5 Loaf Pan because it is heavy duty non-stick, dishwasher safe, and great for baking.
- In a large bowl mix all filling ingredients using hand mixer or whisk, and set to side.
- In another large bowl mix together egg, sugar, oil, greek yogurt, and vanilla, and using a hand mixer, mix until smooth.
- Add bananas and stir to incorporate.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently stir the dry mix to the wet, folding it in and stirring until just combined, don't over mix.
- Put about 2/3 of the bread mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Put filling mixture over top, and carefully smooth over with a spatula.
- Top with remaining bread mix and smooth over the top.
- Bake about 50 minutes, until top is golden, and center is set. If top is getting too brown, and center is not set, tent foil over the top.
- Allow bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before turning out on a cooling rack.
The toothpick trick will not work well because the cream cheese will never set up completely. Instead, give it a jiggle, and see if the center wiggles much.
Bread will keep at room temp for a week, or in freezer for up to 6 months if packaged appropriately.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Take note that the Cream Cheese Banana Bread loaf pictured here did not get the pretty done I talk about in the recipe. I was too anxious for it, and so I pulled it out a little too soon. Still tasted amazing though. But if you want yours to have a pretty top, let it cook until it doesn’t jiggle as much. If you are in a rush like me, consider mini loaf pans.
Either way Cream Cheese Banana Bread will be moist, amazing, and so indulgent you will wonder why you waited this long to make banana bread with cream cheese in it.
Love Banana Bread? Be sure to check out some of these other great recipes:
Or skip the bread and just eat the banana with these awesome Banana Pops!