Crunchy, sweet, chocolatey, and oh so delicious, these cookie butter muddy buddies will disappear fast! They are the perfect treat to bring to a party!
I am not sure if you guys understand my obsession with cookie butter. A couple years ago my husband and I got to visit Belgium. While we were there we ate a lot of waffles. And I always got the ones that were slathered in Speculous. Which is another way of saying COOKIE BUTTER!
You guys, it is ridiculously tasty. And I can’t get enough of it. It is not unheard of for me to eat it with a spoon. I made these amazing Cookie Butter Cinnamon Rolls last year, and have found several ways to add cookie butter to as many recipes as I can since.
Anyway, I love muddy buddies, and love how they are such a quick and easy treat to make when I want something sweet. So I thought I would make a cookie butter version!
I am so glad I did. They are ridiculously amazing. I could not stop eating them. And had to remind myself to exercise a little self control.
Did I mention they only take a few minutes to throw together? That is TROUBLE! But delicious, cookie butter dream, trouble.
Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies
- 1/3 cup cookie butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate spread
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered sugar/Confectioner's sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the cookie butter, chocolate spread, and chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, and stir. This should result in a melted chocolate-y sauce. But depending on your microwave, you may need to microwave a few seconds longer to get the chocolate chips to melt. Then set aside.
- Put your 6 cups of Rice Chex in a galloon sized zip bag.
- Pour chocolate/cookie butter over the top, scrape out off of it with a spatula.
- Zip bag up, and shake to coat all the cereal evenly.
- Open bag, and measure in the confectioner's sugar or powdered sugar.
- Zip it back up and shake it again.
- Shake until each piece is well-coated
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.