This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pure Leaf® Tea at Walmart.
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH A DELICIOUS SWEET TEA INFUSED DRESSING. THIS SALAD IS BURSTING WITH FRESH FLAVORS, AND GREAT TEXTURE, AND IS AS HEARTY AS IT IS DELICIOUS. PERFECT FOR SUMMER LUNCHES, BACKYARD BBQ’S, AND MORE!
Deliciously grilled chicken served with a variety of veggies and herbs, tossed with mixed baby greens. This is a grilled chicken salad full of fresh flavors that packs a punch, leaving you feeling satisfied. No whimpy salads allowed here. This is the perfect salad for summer entertaining. It is filling but light, easy but flavorful, and absolutely delicious.
Grilled Chicken Salad
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SUMMER SALADS pinboard!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest
This hearty salad is chock full of grilled chicken, and crunchy, creamy and delicious additions that will surprise and delight your taste buds with each bite. And is topped with an amazing, but subtle sweet tea infused dressing! Simply delicious.
I don’t know about you guys, but when summer hits I crave salads. I want something cool, and refreshing, and chock full of produce. And a salad usually fits the bill. But not a boring salad, mind you, something worth craving. And let me just tell you, this grilled chicken salad is definitely crave worthy.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Salad
There are really too main components to a great grilled chicken salad:
- The salad itself, and all the fixing. For this grilled chicken salad recipe I have always loved a great salad, but need it to have some heft to it so I don’t end up feeling hungry 15 minutes after I eat. This salad has everything you need to be satisfied, both by taste and heartiness. You have a flavorful protein, creamy avocado acting as the fat, crisp and delicious apples, crunchy jicama, nutty pecans, and lots of herbs to add some freshness and surprising flavors. Then you have just a touch of heat with the chopped jalapeño. When you bring it all together it is truly something worth celebrating.
- The grilled chicken salad dressing. The dressing on this salad is truly special because it is just a few simple ingredients, and is light and subtle, making it the perfect compliment to the heft that is this summer salad.
Grilled Chicken Salad Dressing:
While you could go for a pre-bottled dressing for this salad, it would be a serious shame. Instead, whip up a simple Sweet Tea Infused Dressing using Pure Leaf® Sweet IcedTea.
You can get Pure Leaf® Iced Tea at Walmart, and you can feel confident you are getting a premium iced tea that is going to make your dressing delectable. It really is the best one out there, and using quality is going to make a difference in your dressing and ultimately this salad. I use Pure Leaf Iced Sweet Tea because it tastes so fresh, and is a really well balanced and smooth tea that won’t leave a weird after taste, or film on your tongue.
Because the dressing is so simple, the ingredients really get a chance to shine, so using a freshly brewed tea like Pure Leaf Iced Tea is essential. And the light, fresh, flavorful results will make you so glad you did.
Learn more about Pure Leaf® Iced Tea at https://bit.ly/2HVZ4Lc
Other great Summer Entertaining Recipes:
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red apple Honey Crisp
- 1/2 cup diced jicama
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans coarsely chopped
- 4 Tbs chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tbs chopped basil
- 1 Tbs chopped mint
- 2 Tbs chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 4 cups mixed baby greens salad
- 1/4 cup Pure Leaf Sweet Tea
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Brush chicken breasts with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat until cooked through to 165 degrees, approximately 5-7 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill, let cool then slice or dice chicken breast
- In a large bowl combine chicken, apple, jicama, celery, pecans, parsley, basil, mint, jalapeño, avocado, and green, then set aside.
- In a separate container whisk together dressing ingredients
- Drizzle dressing over the chicken salad, season with salt to taste, toss gently to combine.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Summer Salads board:
Liz Della Croce says
Crystal Faulkner says