This island style pork tenderloin is both delicious and easy to make. It starts with a spice rub, and is finished with a sweet pineapple glaze baked in the oven.
You guys, I love pork tenderloin. It is easy to cook. It’s moist. It is yummy. And it is so versatile. You can use spices, rubs, and sauces to get almost any flavor you want.
Lately I have been dying for a vacation. I have been on a few work trips recently for blogging conferences and the like, but not a real kick up my feet, drink a fruity drink, and get some sun on my skin vacation. So this tenderloin is my way of taking a trip to the islands in my mouth. A little vacation from everyday flavors for something exotic and way more fun!
This Island Style Pork Tenderloin comes together in about 30 minutes, making it a great weeknight meal. You can bake up a few potatoes, steam some veggies, and by the time that is all ready to go, so will your pork!
Ensure that your pork is cooked to the right temperature with a meat thermometer. This instant read thermometer has a digital readout, a wide temperature range, a foldable probe, and a detailed meat temperature chart which makes it perfect for all of my recipes.
Steaming vegetables is quick and easy with the right tools. This Aroma rice cooker and food steamer is so easy to use with just a button to push, it automatically will keep food warm when it is done cooking, and the inner cooking pot is removable for easy clean up!
There are two parts to this recipe, a spice rub that goes directly on the pork, and a sauce for added flavor. They are both essential to this Island Style Pork Tenderloin recipe turning out properly. But one of the things I love about this recipe is that while you need both, once the pork is done cooking, what you do with it is up to you. Serve it over a salad, in a taco or burrito, as a main entree, on a sandwich. The possibilities are many, and the flavors amazing!
Let’s get to the recipe:
Other Pork recipes you might enjoy:
- Easy Pork Enchiladas
- Easy Pork Carnitas Meal Prep Bowls
- Pulled Pork Pulse Protein Bowl
- How To Perfectly Roast a Rack of Pork
- Pork Loin with Apples, Potatoes, and Carrots
Island Style Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the spice rub ingredients and rub all over pork tenderloin
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat on the stove top
- Add olive oil, and brown the pork tenderloin for 2-3 minutes on each side in a skillet
- While browning, mix together the sauce ingredients
- Once browned, pour over the pork and put in preheated oven
- Bake for 20 minutes or until interior reaches 145 degrees (medium rare) to 160 degrees (medium)
- Remove from oven and cover and let rest for 5 minutes
- Slice and serve with some of the pan sauce drizzled over the top.
Pin to your Pork Board on Pinterest: