Keto Beef and Broccoli:
A low carb Asian inspired stir fry, this Keto Beef and Broccoli recipe is a fast and easy meal that will leave you feeling full and refreshed.
Whether you are counting carbs or not, Keto Beef and Broccoli is a delicious meal to make for family or friends. And if you aren’t eating keto, it is excellent with rice pilaf.
Make this keto beef and broccoli recipe on a night that you want a complete and healthy meal that does not take a lot of time to cook and prepare. Keto Beef and Broccoli offers protein and vegetables all in one dish, making the process of dinner prep so simple.
How Do You Make Chinese Beef and Broccoli?
When I think of beef and broccoli stir fry, my mind immediately goes to Chinese cuisine.
I think about tender, cooked beef in a tasty sauce, accompanied with delicious, yet healthy broccoli florets.
A signature dish, beef and broccoli is a favorite for many.
That is why I was so excited to make this keto beef and broccoli recipe. Why go out to a busy restaurant to eat Chinese beef and broccoli when you can very easily make it at home and also have it be low carb or keto friendly.
Keto Beef and Broccoli does not have to be that different in taste from what you get at the restaurant and wow does this dish taste so good!
Whether keto or not, most Chinese beef broccoli, uses flank steak cooked with oil, garlic, and ginger.
The meat and broccoli is served in a flavorful, soy sauce based marinade.
A lot of these sauces tend to use sugar or honey. However, this keto beef and broccoli recipe does not.
Sugar is not very keto friendly. Don’t worry though the sauce used in this keto beef and broccoli sauce is so flavorfully, delicious you don’t even miss the sugar.
What Kind Of Beef Do You Use For Beef Broccoli?
Many Chinese restaurants use flank steak. Although flank steak can be tough, when this meat is cut across the grain it becomes tender.
In addition, another great stir fry meat is sirloin.
Both sirloin and flank steak are great choices for beef and broccoli recipes. They both are lean cuts and offer a lot of flavor to the dish.
In this recipe, I use flank steak. However, if sirloin is what you have on hand or prefer, feel free to use sirloin instead.
Either flank steak or sirloin will be a great protein choice for this beef and broccoli recipe.
How Do You Make Easy Beef and Broccoli?
This keto beef and broccoli recipe is so easy. It only takes 10 minutes to prep and 25 minutes to cook.
I think what makes Beef and Broccoli recipes difficult is when they are very time consuming or labor intensive. This beef and broccoli recipe is not.
If you want to further simplify this keto beef and broccoli recipe, there are a couple things you can do though.
How to Make Easy Keto Beef and Broccoli Even Easier:
- Buy already minced garlic in a jar so you don’t have to spend time cutting garlic.
- Buy pre-washed broccoli florets, saving on time with cutting and washing.
- Cut the onion ahead of time and refrigerate so dinner time prep is minimized.
These few little tips will save you some time during that crazy dinner prep and after school homework hour, making an easy recipe even easier.
Other Easy Keto recipes
How Do You Make Beef And Broccoli Gravy?
All beef and broccoli sauces have slight differences and similarities.
Usually all have some sort of a soy sauce base with garlic. Some use specifically sesame oil for their oil and some may use a thickener like flour or cornstarch.
Ingredients in This Beef and Broccoli Sauce:
- Olive Oil
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Beef Stock
- Fresh Ginger, minced
- Garlic, minced
For this beef and broccoli sauce, you will cook onion in a skillet until caramelized, which gives the sauce a slightly sweet undertone. Then you will add all the other sauce ingredients to the skillet, stirring over medium-low heat, until the sauce starts to simmer.
Simmer sauce for 5 minutes. Use an immersion blender to blend the sauce.
Then your sauce is done and ready to be incorporated with other ingredients in the beef and broccoli recipe, first broccoli, then beef.
How Do You Make Low Carb Or Keto Friendly Beef And Broccoli?
Here is the great news about beef and broccoli recipes, the two heroes of the dish, broccoli and beef are already keto friendly. Yay!
What makes a lot of beef and broccoli recipes not keto friendly is the sauce and the fact that they are usually accompanied with a side of rice.
If you are looking for a side to go with a beef and broccoli recipe, cauliflower rice is a great option. Cauliflower is keto friendly and an amazing vegetable that can be used in a lot of different capacities, like cauliflower rice.
How To Make Beef And Broccoli Sauce Keto Friendly:
- Don’t use thickeners like traditional flour (while we know corn starch is not keto friendly, only a small amount is used keeping it low carb. Feel free to substitute.)
- Avoid sugar
- If you need a sweetener, use a low carb sweetener like monk fruit
Order some monk fruit sweetener for your future cooking!
The sauce used in this keto beef and broccoli recipe is flavorful and keto friendly. It has a delicious soy sauce base accompanied with caramelized onions, ginger, garlic, and beef stock, adding a nice depth of flavor to its composition.
Keto Beef and Broccoli, A Must Try!
Don’t wait to try this keto beef and broccoli recipe. You will not only love it, but you will love that you don’t have to wait for a table at a crowded Chinese restaurant to satisfy your beef and broccoli dish craving.
Need some ideas for some other delicious keto friendly dishes? Make Salmon Avocado Salad— Low Carb (Keto) or Keto Meatloaf. You will find that you have never missed carbs less in your life than when you are eating these dishes.
Other Great Beef Recipes
Keto Beef and Broccoli
- 1 pound flank steak sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 5 cups small broccoli florets about 7 ounces
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
For the sauce:
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 Tbs butter
- ½ tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Heat avocado oil in a pan over medium heat for a few minutes or until hot.
- Add sliced beef and cook until it browns, less than 5 minutes, don't stir too much, you want it to brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onions to a skillet with butter and olive oil and cook 20 minutes until onions are caramelized and tender.
- Add all other sauce ingredients into the skillet and stir the ingredients together over medium-low heat until it starts to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend sauce.
- Keep the sauce warm over low heat, and add broccoli to the skillet.
- Return beef to the pan and toss with broccoli and sauce top. Stir until everything is coated with the sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for another few minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Serve immediately, optionally pairing with cooked cauliflower rice.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your low carb board on Pinterest: