A decadent lemon flavored cheesecake, topped with fresh raspberries drizzled with a lemon raspberry glaze, perfect for Spring! You will love the flavors of this dessert.
I am obsessed with lemon and raspberry right now. Obsessed I tell you. Almost as much as I am obsessed with raspberry and lime. I have been making way too many desserts lately and I was totally determined not to make any more. Then my sweet mother in law asked me to bring dessert to our family Easter dinner. I mean, I couldn’t possibly say no. Right? And I figured if I was making dessert I might as well go all out. So I made 2 different cheesecakes. This one. And a chocolate raspberry ganache cheesecake. They were both amazing, and I will be sharing the other one soon. But for now…I give you this beauty!
What is it about lemons and raspberries? That tangy sweetness that gives you a real power punch and elevates any dessert from the ordinary to extraordinary. I think this might be as close to dessert perfection as you can come without adding in some chocolate or caramel.
But guess what? This cheesecake has even one more amazing little secret…it is flavored with lemon doTERRA essential oils. Ok, you may remember from this lemon blueberry granola, or this lemon crepe cake that I have been experimenting with essential oils in my cooking, and for my health, and that I have been really enjoying the results. I have even been rubbing them on my son’s fingernails, which are funky, and seeing great results there.
It is such a versatile and delicious oil, I can’t help but go back to it over and over. I add it to my water for its cleansing and purifying properties, I use it in my homemade cleaners to help sanitize surfaces, I put it on cotton balls in my fridge to help it smell good, I even rub it on my feet to elevate my mood and improve my circulation, but mostly I use it in foods! Yum! And when I add an essential oil to a dessert it makes the dessert healthy, right? Haha I wish!
Really though, this is not too bad. There is some sugar, and a lot of cream cheese, but it also has fresh lemons and raspberries. So let’s look at the good today instead of the bad, and think about all the summery flavors found here and why we love them! It is like eating sunshine!
Lemon Raspberry CheesecakePrint Pin Rate
- 2 packages graham crackers approx 16 crackers
- 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups melted butter
- 4- 8 ounces bricks of cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 large eggs
- 12 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed raspberries
- 1/2 medium lemon juiced
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 ounce gelatin
- 16 ounces fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Using a food processor, crush graham crackers, then add sugar and melted butter, and pulse for 30 more seconds.
- Press into the bottom of a 12 inch cheesecake pan.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and essential oils together until creamy
- Add eggs one at a time, and blend for 20 seconds each, but do not over blend of your cheesecake will crack.
- Pour over the graham cracker crust
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes
- Let cool, then refrigerate at least one hour
- While cooling, make your glaze by bringing the water, sugar, raspberries and lemon juice and essential oil to a boil in a small sauce pan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in gelatin, and stir until full dissolved,
- Strain through a mesh strainer to remove seeds (optional, but makes it prettier, I did NOT do this)
- Set aside to cool until just warm.
- Top the cheesecake with the raspberries, and brush the glaze over the top, let cool completely and it will become more jelly like.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.