Flavorful, hearty, and oh so fun, these mini-naan shrimp tacos with pineapple salsa are the perfect lunch or dinner.
Naan Shrimp Tacos
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your seafood board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Shrimp tacos probably rate amongst my top 5 favorite foods. Shrimp in general is one of my favorites, but add in avocado, and cotija, and a spicy fruit salsa, well, you have a real winner!
I recently discovered how fun and easy it is to use mini-naan in the place of a tortilla. I made these naan dessert tacos with a white chocolate peppermint cheesecake filling. Yum! But I wanted to try something that was lunch based. My hubby has had to take lunch to work for the past month, which is a huge change for us since he used to work in a restaurant, and would eat there. I wanted to send shrimp tacos, but wanted to make sure they didn’t get soggy, and would be filling for him.
I used the Stonefire mini-naan, and crisped them up a touch in the oven, and boy did they turn out good! Perfect for right away, but they kept pretty well too for lunch the next day. Don’t they look amazing?
And did I mention how easy they are to make too? I made a video to show you guys just how simple this meal solution is. I know I am always looking for quick, satisfying, and out of the box ideas for dinner, and this one just made the regular rotation. Talk about a winner.
All those bright colors and bold flavors make me happy!
The pineapple salsa is a great flavor addition, and it is homemade. I just chopped up some pineapple, tomato, red onion, and cilantro, added in some jalapeno for spice, and wah-la, a delicious pico/salsa with a fun sweet burst of pineapple. Of course, if you want to simplify things, go ahead and buy a mango or pineapple salsa.
Then do yourself a huge favor and make these tasty tacos.
Naan Shrimp Tacos
- 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp Need 12-16 shrimp total
- 1 Tbs butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon squeezed by hand
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 package 4 count Stonefire Tandoor Baked Mini Naan
- 4 tbs Cotija cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup diced pineapple dice small
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1-2 tsp jalapeno chopped fine (use more or less depending on heat preference)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a skillet, over medium high heat, cook shrimp in butter.
- Sprinkle seasonings on top, and squeezing some lemon over. Drizzle on the honey, give it a stir, and cook until pink
- Place naan on a baking sheet, top with 1 tbs Cotija cheese per mini naan
- Top with shrimp, divided evenly between the naan (should be 3-4 per)
- Bake 3-5 minutes
- While mini-naan are baking, assemble pineapple salsa by mixing everything together in a bowl.
- Remove mini-naan from oven, and place avocado, and pineapple salsa over the top and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Free Weekly Meal Plan
Get a FREE weekly meal plan sent to your inbox, with shopping list! And the occasional update!