Pasta E Fagioli is a hearty, flavorful Italian soup with hot Italian Sausage, a great marinara base, pasta, beans, and more! Basically it rocks, and you will love it with this easy recipe with lots of tasty shortcuts. Get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
Pasta E Fagioli (Soup)
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Soup board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I want you to see how quickly and easily this soup is made, so I did a quick video to demo the steps.
When I first got to visit Italy it was like all my dreams came true in one lemon gelato! Hahaha
Throw in the Vatican and finding roasted chestnut vendors on the street corners, and it was perfection.
I loved every pizza, pasta, and gelato I ate, and the Piazza Navona Tartufo!!! Out of this world.
Italian Made Easy!
Italy knows food. That is for sure. And I love making Italian sauces. But honestly I don’t have time to always simmer my sauce as long as it needs simmering, so I rely on amazing companies, with great heritages, and a fabulous story, not to mention mouthwatering products, to do it for me.
We always eat soup on Christmas Eve around here. And I love a good Italian soup. Pasta e Fagioli is my favorite!
I remember as a kid just dying to go to a popular chain Italian restaurant. I had heard so many things about it, and wanted to try it for myself. Having 10 kids in my family meant we went out to eat very rarely. But one day, I finally got to go. The bread sticks and salad were amazing. I couldn’t wait for my main course. And then my main course came, and I was sorely disappointed. It was not what I was expecting. When the server asked what was wrong I wanted to cry, my noodles were mushy, and I was really bumming, so he brought out a bowl of soup, and all was right with the world again. And so started my love affair with Pasta E Fagioli.
A Resourceful Single Mom
One thing I absolutely love about making this soup is how quickly and easily it comes together if you use a few shortcuts. One of my favorite shortcuts is to use Ragu Hearty Traditional sauce in it. Rather than mixing your own spice blend, and hoping the tomatoes you use have the right acidity and sweetness, I just pop open the lid and pour. Absolutely delicious.
Assunta, the founder of Ragu was an immigrant to the US, and a resourceful single mom. She started making her amazing sauces to help support her family. It was a family recipe passed down generation after generation, and now I get to use it in some of my own family traditions. I love it. And I guarantee my kids will be making this recipe for years to come. Hopefully with their own families on Christmas Eve.
Helpful Pasta Suggestions!
- Noodles for various pasta dishes are at the heart of the success of the meal. Barilla Pasta has garnered many awards for its great pasta characteristics. Buy it from your local grocer or for a great price online.
- When making our own noodles we love various pasta making tools. Here is one for under $10 bucks that is great to help you get started! So easy and simple!
Other Pasta Favorites!
Pasta E Fagioli (Soup)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Lb sausage spicy Italian
- 2 Tbs garlic Minced
- 3/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery washed and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock I used water and 2 tbs chicken base
- 1 24 ounce Ragu Hearty Traditional sauce 1 bottle
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed, 15 ounces
- 1 can Great Northern beans drained and rinsed, 15 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups Ditalini pasta
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbs olive oil, and cook sausage until browned
- Remove sausage to a bowl, and set aside
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and minced garlic, cook 5-6 minutes
- Add in chicken broth and Ragu sauce, give it a good stir, bring to a boil, then put lid on, turn down to low heat, and let simmer 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook ditalini pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- After the 15 minutes, add in drained and rinsed beans, and cooked pasta
- Serve immediately
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Don’t forget to pin: