This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins, all opinions are my own. #ad #beautygreens
Pina Colada Fruit Salad:
Fruit salad with a fun twist, and a light, refreshing mint and pineapple dressing. This fruit salad packs additional punch with the addition of collagen beauty greens, for beautiful skin and better health.
With a new year coming up, and the desire to be healthier a universal trend in January, I felt like it would be appropriated to share some of the ways I approach the New Year with Vital Protein Beauty Greens. They are super versatile, absolutely awesome, and easy to use.
Vital Protein Collagen Beauty Greens:
Vital Protein Collagen Beauty Greens are a an awesome supplemental product that can help you get a beautiful glow, starting on the inside.
They have marine collagen peptides, and raw organic greens, hyaluronic acid, and probiotics. They have a natural coconut flavor because they are made with organic coconut water, and vanilla beans. I keep a canister of them in my pantry, and love that I can add a scoop to whatever I am making! One of my favorite things is easy.
I am a pretty low maintenance person when it comes to my beauty routine. But this past year was a bit stressful and my skin really showed the signs of it. I wasn’t drinking enough water, and wasn’t getting enough sleep, and my skin aged a lot. So now I am taking steps to improve my health, and my skin’s health, and Vital Protein Collagen Beauty Greens are one of the easy ways for me to do this.
They fit really well into my chaotic life and schedule, and allow me to make a simple change with a big impact. They help prevent signs of aging, and improve skin’s moisture, smoothness, and tone. All things I need!
One of the most obvious uses of Beauty Greens is a smoothie, and I have this delicious smoothie recipe which is one of my favorites. But I wanted to look for other ways to incorporate them into my diet since I don’t drink a smoothie every day.
Pina Colada Fruit Salad
And Pina Colada Fruit Salad was the perfect way to add it in. I loved being able to have it with my lunch, or my dinner, and get my serving of Beauty Greens!
I used pineapple and coconut in the Pina Colada Fruit Salad, as well as some of my favorite other fruits, and used the Beauty Greens in a simple, light dressing that goes over the salad. It was a hit, and even my kids loved it. It is fresh, light, and delicious, packed with nutrients, and great for the skin. Trust me, you are going to want to add this to your meal plan this week!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
- Summer Fruit Breakfast Bake
- Blueberry Pineapple Fruit Salsa
- Black Cherry Dragon fruit Mocktail with Blackberry Mint and Lime
- Grilled Tropical Fruit Salsa
- Easy Fruit Pizza
Pina Colada Fruit Salad
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 scoop Vital Protein Beauty Greens
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits drained, reserve some juice for dressing
- 1 cup kiwi fruit diced
- 1 banana sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix dressing ingredients together, and whisk until honey is combined, set aside
- In a separate bowl, combine blueberries, blackberries, coconut flakes, pineapple tidbits, and kiwi, and banana if adding it.
- Right before serving pour dressing over the top and stir well to combine.
- Garnish with additional coconut and fresh mint leaves.
- In the summer I like to serve Pina Colada Fruit Salad is a pretty summer serving bowl, especially if I take it to a pot luck meal.
If you do not want your fruit salad too soupy, monitor how much dressing to put on. I will typically use all of it, but sometimes the pineapple is fairly wet, or the kiwi is, and all the dressing can make it too wet.
The lemon juice will break down the berries, so you don't want to combine until you are just ready to serve.
If you have leftovers, they don't keep well, so I will often add them to a smoothie
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Healthy Eating board: