Zucchini noodles sauteed with onion, garlic, pine nuts, and fresh basil for a light fresh lunch.
This is such a perfect summer lunch. Not only is it light and fresh, but it is also good for you. Sadly, I did not even try to get my kids to eat this, not only did I not think they would, but I also did not want to share. At all. It is fast and easy. It is like a pesto pasta without the work of making a pesto. But you still get all that yummy pesto flavor. Yummy!
Pine Nut and Basil Zoodles
- 1 large zucchini cut into noodles with a Spiralizer
- 1/4 white onion chopped small
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- In a medium sized saute pan, heat the olive oil, and add in pine nuts, minced garlic, and onion.
- Sautee for 1-2 minutes until onions starts to get translucent.
- Add in zucchini noodles made with a julienne slicer or using a Spiralizer
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until zucchini starts to get tender
- Add fresh basil, and saute for another minute or two.
- Season with garlic salt, and stir well
- Serve hot, garnish with more fresh basil if desired.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
I loved the sweetness of the pinenuts, the added flavor gained by salting (with garlic salt), and the fact that both the basil and zucchini came out of my garden! Yay. And did you notice it comes together in under 15 minutes? How perfect is that for a quick lunch?