Flaky, flavorful, halibut, crusted with candied pistachios, and served on a bed of sautéed greens for a healthy, easy, and quick meal time solution.
My kids are the center of my world, and I really love them. But there is just something so nice about having all of them gone from time to time. It does not happen often, but earlier this week I had a day where my oldest 3 were in school, and my youngest was napping. I had a few hours to myself. Now I really wish I could have spent that time reading a silly romance novel, or taking a bubble bath. But really, like most moms I spent my time playing catch up.
But I did do one thing for me. THIS! I made a totally indulgent and heavenly lunch. And ate it by myself. And want to know the best part? This fantastic lunch literally took less than 15-20 minutes to make, leaving me plenty of time to do some dishes, laundry, return emails, and all those other things we do.
One of the reasons this was such an amazing lunch, and so quick to make is that I used tons of shortcuts to make it eazy peazy! For example, I used a “just add water” pancake mix to make the nuts stick to the fish filet. And I used already candied nuts. I used Santé Nuts Candied Pistachios. They are seriously amazing, with the perfect flavor to compliment this fish. (And are pretty awesome for snacking too).
Santé Nuts are pretty cool because they are a family run business (Which I just love (See here and here)), they are roasted in small batches so they get that handcrafted product goodness. When you open a bag you will notice hardly any broken nuts. So that is great for snacking, but for this fish you are going to break them up!
Pistachio Crusted Halibut
- 2 filets of Halibut about 3/4-1 inch thick
- 3/4 cup Santé Nuts Candied Pistachios
- 1/2-1 cup pancake mix already mixed with water so it is a wet batter
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 Tbs oil for searing
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbs cream
- 2 large leaves Swiss Chard cut into strips, center removed
- 1 Tbs Olive oil optional, there may be enough oil left from searing your fish
- 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/3 cup crushed Sante Candied Pistachios divided
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pat your halibut filet dry, season with a little salt and pepper, then dip one side in a prepared pancake batter
- Use a blender, food processor, or nut chopper to chop Santé Nuts Candied Pistachios into small pieces (but not to a flour/dust)
- Put nuts on a plate or cutting board, and press the pancake batter dipped side of the fish into the nuts so they stick
- Heat a sautee pan with oil until the oil is hot, but not smoking
- Put fish, nut side down into hot pan and let sear for 3-4 minutes (do not move it, you want a nice crust to form)
- Remove from saute pan, and put on baking sheet, finish fish in the oven by baking at 350 for 8-10 minutes
- While fish is cooking in oven, saute your greens in the oil with the minced garlic, and after about 2 minutes sprinkle in pistachios. Then put on plate.
- Mix togehter the sauce ingredients in a bowl or plastic bag, if in a bag, cut the tip after mixing to make it easy to pipe over your fish.
- Remove fish from oven, serve over greens with sauce on top!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
*I received complimentary Santé Nuts in order to facilitate this post. But they really are awesome. All opinions are my own.
And if you love fish recipes, be sure to check out this quick Sweet Chili Salmon