Raspberry Italian Soda: An easy to make Raspberry Italian Soda using Vintage Sparkling Water. Perfect for any occasion.
Raspberry Italian Cream Soda
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Drinks board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
When my husband and I were dating he managed an Italian restaurant. He worked a lot of nights, so sometimes we wouldn’t even start hanging out until 11:30 or later.
We are still night owls in many respects, but with four kids at home, and one who loves waking up really early, midnight tends to be the cut off.
Anyway, I grew up eating Italian food almost daily, so I loved visiting him at work and eating all the yummy pastas, calzones, and desserts. But one of my absolute favorite things to get when I visited was the Italian Crème Sodas. So stinkin’ good!
I would order all the different flavors, and it got to the point that if he saw me coming in the door, he would just greet me with one in hand because he knew I would order one. I loved it!
DIY Italian Soda!
Anyway, it has been 13 years since then, and he no longer works there, so if I want an Italian Crème Soda, I have to make it myself. Luckily for me it is really easy to do so. You basically need a simple syrup, cream or half and half, and Sparkling Water, my favorite is Vintage. It is bubbly and delicious, made with natural flavors, is gluten free, low sodium, has no sugar, is calorie free, and comes in a bunch of flavors which are soooo yummy. But for the Italian soda, I go with the original.
I went to Kroger and got a 12 pack of Vintage Sparkling Water, and I keep it in the pantry for when the mood strikes and I really want an Italian soda.
You can use this digital coupon to get a discount if you want to give it a try: Coupon! Just be sure to check out the product locator page at www.drinkvintage.com/find-vintage where you can search by zip code to make sure your local store carries it.
One of the things I really love about Italian Sodas is you can adjust them to your taste preference. I love cream, so I always put more in than my husband does. And my kids like to go heavier on the syrups then I do!
Fun Pattern for DIY Italian Drinks
- Ingredient patterns help you be super creative, without having to rely on recipes.. The pattern for Italian Sodas is as follows: 8 to 10 fluid ounces of carbonated water + 1 fluid oz half and half cream (or coconut milk) + flavoring of choice + garnish.
- When you buy zero calorie Vintage Sparkling Water (coconut flavor), look at their many flavors (original, lime, lemon, grapefruit, and coconut), just imagine what you could blend your favorite flavor of sparkling water with to achieve a vintage Italian Soda…, Mmmm!
- For flavoring of choice, try juiced apples, or other fresh-juiced fruit. Also try blended cantaloupe, watermelon, peaches, strawberries, pear, apricot, and so forth. When using blended fruits, adjust amount of sparkling water and creamer, to taste.
Other Great DIY Drinks Recipes!
- Orange Cream Sodas + Girl’s Night Party
- Witches Brew BOO Bundle (Sparkling Cherry Lemonade)
- Virgin Michelada
Raspberry Italian Soda
- 2 Tbs Syrup Raspberry
- 1/3-1/2 cup half and half or cream
- 8-10 ounces Sparkling Water
- 1 tbsp Whipped Cream for garnish
- 1 Tbs fresh raspberries for garnish
- Pour your raspberry flavor syrup into the bottom of your glass, add the cream, and then fill glass 3/4 way with ice.
- Pour Vintage Sparkling Water over the top, give it a good stir
- Garnish with raspberries and enjoy!
And if you want more great recipes you can find them here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.