Insanely delicious and super easy roasted pumpkin spinach linguine is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner when you just want simple and fresh!
Roasted Pumpkin Spinach Linguine
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your PUMPKIN board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Is it too early for pumpkin recipes? Nah! PSL is officially out and I can’t wait to start doing all things pumpkin like my Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup which is the bomb!
This roasted pumpkin spinach linguine is like nothing you’ve ever had before. There is pumpkin but it’s not pureed like in every other recipe. And roasted pumpkin is like the best thing ever! Roasting pumpkin caramelizes the skin and just gets all those sugars on the surface, making it perfect for this pasta.
Roasting the Pumpkins
The only major time you’ll take for this recipe is roasting the pumpkins. They need to go into the oven for about 40 minutes to finish roasting and get that beautiful caramelization. The rest is a matter of minutes because you just toss everything together in a little butter and olive oil.
I love using linguine for this Roasted Pumpkin spinach Linguine because the long strands of pasta are smooth and silky and all the oil and spices stick to it.
While making this Roasted Pumpkin Spinach Linguine recipe, I recommend starting the pumpkin a little early and boiling your pasta in the meanwhile. You can even do this ahead of time and store your roasted pumpkin and pasta in the refrigerator for a day. Then you’ll have all the prep already done for whenever you are ready to serve dinner!
Don’t you love simple recipes like this one which really don’t need any effort, don’t have a list of a million ingredients that you need to source from the speciality store or just tire you out by the end of it? Of all the 30 minute recipes that I have this pasta recipes definitely tops the list. My favorites are Bacon Spaghetti Aglio Olio and a lighter version of a Creamy Corn Pepper Alfredo.
But getting back to the pumpkin, slicing up a pumpkin can be a little difficult but for this recipe, it’s totally worth it. So don’t let that discourage you!
What are you planning to do with all the pumpkin this season? Tell us in the comments section below!
More Fall recipes you might enjoy:
- Savory Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- Creamy Pumpkin Fettuccine
- Pumpkin Pie Waffles
- Finger Lakes New York: Apple Butter Pork Tenderloin
- Pumpkin Cake Roll
Roasted Pumpkin Spinach Linguine
- 3 cups Pumpkin Cubes one inch side
- 1 pound Linguine Di Martino
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil divided Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 3 Garlic Cloves peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried Sage
- 1 cup Spinach washed
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the pumpkin cubes in a single layer. Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil and salt and bake for 40 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, cook the linguine according to package instructions till al dente and set aside.
- Once the pumpkin is roasted, add the remaining olive oil, butter and garlic to a pan. Let it slowly heat up so that the garlic infuses the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add roasted pumpkin, cooked linguine, chili flakes, dried sage, spinach and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing occasionally. Serve hot.