Southwestern sweet potato and ground beef skillet is loaded with fresh veggies and topped with cheese and avocado. A healthy, easy, and insanely delicious dinner that your whole family will love. Ready in 30 minutes!
Southwestern Sweet Potato and Ground Beef Skillet
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your dinner board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Hi, Eazy Peazy friends! Abra here from Abra’s kitchen popping in to share with you one of my all-time favorite quick and easy dinner recipes, Southwestern Sweet Potato and Ground Beef Skillet. Yum!
I have been majorly into the skillet dinner trend, it’s the perfect way to get a healthy dinner on the table in no time flat, with super easy cleanup. This Southwestern Sweet Potato and Ground Beef Skillet is sure to please your entire family and is ready to rock and roll in just under 30 minutes. I am also in love with this Easy Mexican Rice Skillet and this Zucchini and Grass Fed Beef Skillet.
Sweet potatoes, ground beef, bell peppers, garlic, onion and southwestern spices all perfectly sautéed together in one, easy to cleanup skillet. Topped with cheddar cheese, creamy avocado and freshly diced tomato this skillet dinner serves 6, but I wouldn’t have a hard time knocking out the entire thing in one sitting. Just kidding, that would be crazy, I would save some for lunch the next day 🙂
Southwestern Skillet Tips
- The sweet potatoes are steamed in the skillet to reduce cook time.
- A fun way to serve this southwestern sweet potato skillet is with a dipping tool, like an organic tortilla chip! Dip right into the sweet potato, cheese, and avocado goodness.
- You could easily add, take out, or replace any of the vegetables in this skillet dinner. I’ve made it with zucchini and yellow squash, or Brussels sprouts would be delicious too!
- This is the perfect example of my “mostly plants” food philosophy. Yes, this dish has ground beef but only 1 lb. and it serves 6, with a ton of plant-based (read: veggies) goodness to boot.
- For a vegetarian version, you could easily swap black beans for the ground beef.
- Fun health tip: Cooking in a cast iron skillet actually increases iron levels in the food. The iron from the pan leaches into the food and that’s a good thing! Especially if you are anemic or trying to increase iron content in your diet.
Do you love sweet potatoes as much as me? Try these sweet potato
More recipes you might enjoy:
- Chicken Sausage and Peas Alfredo Pesto Skillet Pasta
- Easy Mexican Rice Skillet
- Ricotta Gnocchi Skillet
- One-Skillet Pork Tenderloin and Peaches Recipe
- Caramel Crunch Brownie Skillet
Pin to your Dinner board on Pinterest: