Fresh Strawberry Syrup
You guys are going to love this amazing Strawberry Syrup. It is out of this world delicious and the perfect accompaniment to the your favorite breakfast food!
Easy to Make Syrup
This Strawberry Syrup is made with just a few simple ingredients, fresh strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and water. You combine it all and let it cook down into a nice syrupy, almost jam like consistency. Then slather it all over your favorite pancakes or waffles, and enjoy a nice big stack!
I love keeping a bunch of Homemade Toaster Waffles on hand for those busy mornings, or lazy weekends when I don’t want to cook, but want my kids to have a filling breakfast. And serve it with this syrup!
Win-win, it also makes a great in-between meal, like an after school snack. They are so easy to make even the kids can do it. So if I whip up some of this tasty out of this world strawberry syrup ahead, my kids can help themselves!
More Great Recipes
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries diced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water more or less for desired consistency
- In a medium sized saucepan, add strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, zest, and 1/4 cup water into a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Then turn down the saucepan, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Let the syrup reduce by a third.
- Strain out seeds if desired, or serve in a more jam like consistency without straining.
- Add additional water as desired to receive the desired consistency.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Breakfast board on Pinterest: