Best Ever Layered Bean Dip: This layered bean dip is full of delicious beans, cheese, salsa, and ground turkey. It is totally delicious and a real crowd pleaser. This is warmed so that it is gooey and delightful.
You guys are going to LOVE this Best Ever Layered Bean Dip recipe so much. It is seriously one of my favorites and it was a total accident. It kind of makes me feel bad when my best recipes come about by pure chance rather than my awesome skills.
So here is the story: Our good friends were having a get together and invited us. I thought I would have plenty of time to throw something together to bring to the party. There is a lot of pressure being a food blogger. People expect the food you bring to be out of this world amazing. And I sure try to live up to that.
Well, things got crazy, as usual, and even though I thought I had tons of time, I looked at the clock a I had a whopping 30 minutes before the party.
I quickly ran to the fridge and started pulling out ingredients. I had some ground turkey and some corn salsa. Some black beans and I had cheese. I had sour cream. And I knew that meant I had the makings of a dip. I rummaged through the pantry, and found refried beans, and knew I was making bean dip.
So, now I had like 27 minutes. Luckily I live only a few minutes from my friend, so I knew if I worked quickly I could arrive, with a warm and cheesy dip in hand, and still be on time. So I layered quickly, and tossed it in the oven on a low heat while I quickly got myself ready.
And then we went. And I worried. Would everyone like my dip? Would it even taste good? You can’t exactly test a layered bean dip before serving it…I mean, it would leave a big hole. So I crossed my fingers, and set Best Ever Layered Bean Dip on the buffet.
And the next time I turned around, it was gone. Literally. Everyone ate it. It got demolished. And was really a hit.
A few weeks later we got invited to something else, and this bean dip was requested. I think I have made it a dozen times since. Everyone loves this amazing bean dip. And I can’t say I blame them.
So excuse me while I go dig in. Or better yet, join me!
Tips for Best Ever Layered Bean Dip:
- Use seasoned black beans. Trust me on this one, and don’t bother draining them. It makes it a little runnier, but it is so good.
- Season your ground turkey while you cook, and drain off any grease. You don’t want a greasy dip. If you want to swap it out for ground beef you can. Just be sure to dump off the grease.
- Let it warm through. This will make it melty and gooey, and oh so delicious, and allow the flavors to meld together to perfection. Trust me, give it time.
- I used my because I love that it can go from the oven to the fridge, and even into the microwave. It also comes with a lid which made it easy to transport to my party.
- Eat with chips!
Other dips we love:
- 7 Layer Dip with a Twist
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Caprese Baked Cheese Dip
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip
- Baked Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Popper Cheese Dip with Buttery Soft Pretzels
Best Ever Layered Bean Dip
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can refried beans 16 ounces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned black beans
- 16 ounces Sweet Corn Salsa
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet over medium high heat, add cumin, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- My frying pans are from Calphalon and I love them because they are non stick and heat evenly.
- Drain off any oil.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, layer refried beans, then sour cream, then seasoned black beans, then corn salsa, then ground turkey, then cheese.
- Cover with foil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees, and cook warm for 30 mins to an hour before serving.
- Serve with corn chips!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Appetizers board on Pinterest: