Avocado Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce: This post is sponsored by the California Avocado Commission, all opinions are my own.
Avocado Egg Rolls: Crunchy egg roll wrapper filled with chunks of California Avocados, cilantro, tomatoes, red onion, and roasted red peppers; dipped in a creamy avocado ranch dipping sauce!
Years ago I had a great friend take me out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory. I had never been before, and when I got there and saw how huge the menu was, I was slightly overwhelmed. So many pages of options, and so much amazing sounding food to choose from, where do you even start? And that is what I asked him. He didn’t even hesitate when he said, “Avocado Egg Rolls”.
I took him at his word, ordered an Avocado Egg Roll starter, and have been in love with them ever since. Them being the egg rolls, not the guy. Hahaha. But seriously, my obsession beginning can be pinpointed to that day, to that restaurant, to that booth, to that first bite.
Now some would argue the dipping sauce is what makes the Cheesecake Factory avocado egg rolls so good. But I disagree. I think it is the avocados. The dipping sauce is good, but so is avocado ranch dipping sauce (more on that later). See for me it is the crunchy exterior followed up by a smooth creaminess and a whole lot of flavor. It is just one of those things that come together in perfect harmony and can’t be beat.
I have tried my fair share of copycat recipes, and decided that while I love their egg rolls, I wanted a slightly different flavor profile. So I added roasted red peppers, and fresh tomatoes instead of sun dried. I played around with quantities, and found what I would consider the perfect combination of flavors.
And you guys… mmmm.
This Avocado Egg Rolls recipe makes enough for 4 egg rolls, so go ahead and double, or triple, if you want more. You probably will if you aren’t eating alone.
California Avocados are currently in season, and I cannot get enough of them. I want to put them in everything I make, from ice cream to Texas Sheetcake to a delicious Avocado and Chicken bowl. But this might just be my favorite way to eat these delicious fruits.
Did you know you can only get California Avocados a few months a year? They are so special, and that flavors are so amazing. But they are only available during the harvest so I always like to stock up. I freeze avocados a lot so I can use them later, and I am thinking I may have to make a whole bunch of these Avocado Egg Rolls to freeze (pre-frying) so I can eat them all year long.
- Avocados are so good for you too. They offer nearly 20 essential nutrients, including potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins, and folic acid and are a good source of fiber and folate.
- And not only do they give you great nutrients, but act as a “nutrient booster” to enable the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients too. And they taste great.
- Avocados are delicious and versatile, and my current favorite usage are these Avocado Egg Rolls! I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do!
- Check out https://www.californiaavocado.com/ to learn more about avocados and get more recipes for using them.
Making Avocado Egg Rolls
- Make the filling. I think it is important that you taste it and adjust it to your preference. If you love onions, add a few extra in. If you love cilantro, amp that up a bit. The Avocado Egg Rolls recipe is awesome as is, but can and should be altered to fit your personal tastes.
- Roll those egg rolls. You want them to be nice and tight so that when you cut or bite into them there isn’t a lot of empty space. But you also do not want to break the wrapper. So be gentle.
- Brush the egg on to help it seal. You can just use water if you want, but egg is more effective.
- Finish wrapping it, it is going to be amazing. Check the egg roll wrapper packaging to learn how to roll. Basically, fold one side over, tuck in the ends, and roll.
- Now get those things into the fryer. They will be golden brown, delicious, crunchy, and oh so yummy. I used this and it worked perfectly.
Other Avocado Recipes We Love:
- Breakfast Stuffed Avocado
- CA Avocado Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad
- Baked Chicken and Avocado Bowls
- Tex Mex Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
- Turkey Taco Avocados
Pin to your Appetizer board on Pinterest: