Curl up with a warm mug of this perfectly sweet and spicy mulled cranberry apple cider. One sip and you will see why this should be the official beverage of the season.
Warm Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Drinks board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Warm apple cider, tart cranberries, spicy ginger, fragrant cinnamon, star anise, and clove slowly simmered together and filling your home with the most intoxicating aromas. Your neighbors will be knocking on your door wondering what wonderful concoction you have brewing.
Warm mulled cranberry apple cider is quite literally the best way to welcome guests into your home during the chilly fall and winter months. It is a crowd pleaser and perfect for large or small gatherings. Easily prepared in your slow cooker, and kept warm all night long. Served alongside a huge healthy veggie and cheese platter or a more traditional cheese and meat platter.
This Hamilton Beach slow cooker is the one that I have and I use it almost everyday for something. One thing that I really love about this slow cooker is that once I program my cooking preference when it is done it will automatically switch to warm.
Tips for Making Warm Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider
- Choosing the right cider is imperative. Opt for a natural cider, not apple juice. I love to purchase a gallon from a local farm. Be sure the cider does not have any added sugar or spices.
- To create a perfectly tart counterpart blend together fresh cranberries and ginger. Fresh cranberries are a key flavor component to this tart and sweet cider.
- For a smoother finished product pour the cranberry mixture through a strainer or cheesecloth before adding to the cider.
- Slice thick rounds of fresh orange and carefully stud the orange slices with whole clove. This is the perfect way to infuse clove into the cider without having to fish out cloves once the cider is ready to serve.
- Add a few slices of apple to the cider as a garnish at the end of cooking. If you add apple too soon it will become mushy.
- You can prepare this warm mulled cranberry apple cider in your slow cooker on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours and keep it warm for your guests to enjoy all evening long. Alternatively, add all ingredients into a large stockpot on your stove and slowly simmer for one hour.
Also, try this vegan turmeric eggnog for a healthy twist on a classic holiday beverage.
Other drink recipes you might enjoy:
- Healthy Cinnamon Hot Chocolate
- Cucumber Mint Mojitos
- Sweet and Sour Mocktail
- Canada Dry Ginger Ale and 7 UP Punch Recipes
Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider
- 1 whole orange sliced
- 1 Tbs whole cloves
- 2 cups fresh cranberries plus more for garnish
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 5 cinnamon sticks plus more for garnish
- 5-10 whole star anise
- 1 whole apple sliced
- Prepare orange slices by carefully studding rind with whole cloves, set aside.
- In a high speed blender combine cranberries, ginger, and 1/2 cup apple cider. Blend until smooth. Reserve.
- Pour remaining apple cider into a slow cooker or large stock pot. Add cranberry mixture (*optional, pour cranberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve or cheese cloth for a smoother texture), cinnamon sticks, star anise and orange slices studded with whole clove.
- Star anise is fruit from a small oriental tree, it is tough skinned and rust colored, and it is picked before it can ripen and dried.
- Simmer on low for one hour or alternatively prepare in slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Serve warm with sliced apple and cinnamon sticks.
Straining the cranberry mixture before adding to the cider will produce a smoother finished product
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your drink board on Pinterest!