This post originally appeared on Real Housemoms, where I am a contributor.
Cucumber Mint Mojitos are a fun twist on a classic mojito, it is creamy, refreshing, minty, with lime, and oh so delicious. You will be wanting to sip this poolside all year long.
You guys, I have a little addiction to fruity, creamy, delicious drinks. I wish all day long that I could be someone content with drinking water. And I try really hard to be properly hydrated. Once I was out to dinner with a friend and she ordered water, I commented on her self control since the place we were had the best mixed drinks. And she said, “I would rather eat my calories than drink them.” I thought about what she said a lot, and decided I am not quite the opposite. See…I would rather do both!
Lucky for me, these Cucumber Mint Mojitos drinks are fairly low on the calorie counter, and are so absolutely refreshingly delicious that every one of those calories is worth it.
The combination of mint and cucumber is super refreshing. The lime adds a fun sour twist. And then there is the sweet element. When you put it all together they become these insanely tasty Cucumber Mint Mojitos.
And so easy to make:
- Muddle the mint. You guys, I don’t drink alcohol, so I actually didn’t own a muddler. I know very little about muddlers, but I do know OXO is a great brand, so when I saw that their muddler was one of the best sellers on Amazon, I figured that was the one I should buy. And it is great. So you can find it here.
- Peel and slice the cucumber.
- Juice the limes. You need a cup of fresh lime juice. I use an electric citrus juicer because it is faster, gets more lime juice out, and is awesome. My mother gave me the one I have. And it is seriously the best. It is a Tribest CitriStar, and it is easy to use, easy to clean, and so awesome. You can find it on amazon here.
- Make a simple syrup of water, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk (this is what adds the creaminess).
- Add the sparkling water.
- Stir and garnish: fresh lime, fresh cucumber, fresh mint!
Not only are these Cucumber Mint Mojitos refreshing and tasty, but also a beautiful drink. I love serving a pretty drink at a dinner party, or a neighborhood gathering. And I love it even more when I want to drink the whole thing myself because it just tastes that good.
This drink hits all the right notes for me because it is cool and refreshing, has a little sweet, and a little sour, and that fresh mint just takes it over the top.
My love of drinks is no secret, here are 3 of my favorites:
Go and enjoy your drink!
More drink recipes you might enjoy:
- Pineapple Limeade
- Black Cherry Dragonfruit Mocktail with Blackberry Mint and Lime
- Mango Orange Mojito (Virgin)
- Sparkling Strawberry Limeade
- Watermelon Slush
Cucumber Mint Mojitos
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 ounce fresh mint
- 12 ounce can of sparkling water
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 2-3 ounces of light rum optional
- Prepare a simple syrup by combining the water, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the sugar is melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the syrup cool.
- When syrup is cooled, muddle mint in the bottom of pitcher.
- Since I love serving drinks is a pretty Pitcher I found this one on Amazon for you, what do you think?
- Add the sparkling water, cooled simple syrup, and fresh lime juice, as well as half of the cucumber slices, and rum (if adding).
- Stir. Add desired amount of ice.
- Serve with a cucumber and mint garnish.
Pin to your DRINKS board on Pinterest: