A moist, flavorful, quick zucchini bread! This is a richly flavored, moist, and simple to make quick bread that uses a fun healthy ingredient–zucchini. The perfect way to use up all the zucchini you grow in your garden or are given!
The weather is getting colder, and chances are if you grew a garden, you are starting to harvest the end of it. And that means there are likely a few of those giant zucchini. You know, the ones that kind of hide from you. Then they are too big to enjoy saute style! Yup, those!
Well don’t worry, I have a great option for what you can do with them. You can make quick bread. I know you guys love quick bread. This super simple banana bread, and cream cheese banana bread are two of the most popular recipes on my site.
Honestly, I am not the best baker. I am learning, and getting better. But you will notice how flat the top of this loaf is, it should be nice and domed. The problem. I pulled it out of the oven too soon. Ugh! Learning, but slowly. I did remake this a few times, and it worked every time. But it tasted so good I never got a better photo. So the first attempt photo will have to do.
So it may not be the prettiest, but oh the flavors!
I found the recipe on A Family Feast, and adapted it a little to fit my preferences.
You guys, I used pecan pieces, little tiny ones, and of course zucchini. Then a little whole wheat flour, and brown sugar to add some depth of flavor. The combination is richly delicious. Seriously amazing. And since you basically just mix it up (dry, then wet, then both) and pop it in the oven, it is easy enough even my kids could do it, especially with the help of a Kitchen Aid mixer! Which makes me realize, I should probably ask them to make it from now on.
Yep, I am going to do that.
Zucchini Quick Bread
- Cooking spray and flour for preparing baking pans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour Can use all-purpose if you don't have wheat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 8”x4” loaf pans.
- In a Kitchen Aid stand mixer bowl, sift together flours, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Use paddle attachment, and mix gently to combine.
- Shred zucchini, and make sure your cups are fully packed
- Pour dry ingredients into bowls, then in the Kitchen Aid bowl beat eggs
- Add in applesauce, oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, then using paddle attachment mix to combine fully.
- Use a rubber scraper to stir in shredded zucchini and chopped nuts.
- Pour half of the batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes (took the full 60 minutes for me) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out cleanly. The more zucchini you use, or the wetter it is, the longer the bake time needed.
- Remove from pans and cool on cooling rack.
- Slice and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.