30 Minute Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo: A cheesy, garlick-y delicious pasta packed with shrimp, and an easy homemade alfredo. Great weeknight dinner!
Busy days and nights are pretty typical around here. And I know how hard it can be to find time to pull a dinner together on a week night. If you are anything like me, there are way too many nights when dinner time rolls around and nothing is ready, nothing is defrosted, and you are left debating between pancakes and cereal. Well, this is the answer. It is fast, easy to make, and your family will think you put tons of thought and effort into this beautiful dinner!
Did I mention how delicious it is? The shrimp are cooked to perfection, and an easy alfredo sauce can be whipped up in minutes in a blender. Or skip the blender and just heat and whisk by hand. I prefer to simplify the whole process. This recipe gets rave reviews, and consists of things you might already have on hand, or can keep in the freezer for those busy nights.
If you want to make this lower fat, substitute a fat free cream cheese, low fat milk option, and cut down the butter, or leave it out. Fat adds flavor, so keep that in mind, but this can be a really great guiltless meal. I know that sometimes I make those swaps, and hardly miss it because the garlic and the cheese still impart so much flavor.
A few tips:
- Rinse your shrimp well in a colander before cooking so you don’t get a “fishy” taste in your sauce.
- Stir the garlic so it doesn’t burn. If it gets too brown it will be bitter.
- Keep stirring when you pour the milk mixture in, you don’t want it to burn.
- Use a heavy bottomed pot to help reduce the likelihood of scorched milk.
- If you don’t eat all of it in one sitting, when reheating add milk to get to the desired consistency as it will get thicker!
Love shrimp? Try one of these recipes:
- Spicy Honey Lime Shrimp Kabobs
- Grilled Shrimp Crostini
- Faux Pho: Thai Shrimp Noodle Bowl
- Coconut Lime Shrimp
Pin to your Dinner board on Pinterest: