Bacon wrapped asparagus: salty, crunchy, and totally satisfying, this bacon wrapped asparagus is baked to perfection in the oven. This asparagus recipe makes for a great snack, or side dish. It is quick and easy to make, low carb, and the perfect keto diet snack.
When it comes to a fantastic vegetable side, I can never say no to this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe. It only takes a few minutes of prep to throw it together, and it is always a hit. I can throw it on a charcuterie for a party, add it to the dinner table as a side, or eat it as a low-carb snack option on busy days when I need a little something extra to enjoy.
- Trim your asparagus. No one wants to eat that woody end, so you can cut the ends off, or do what I like to do, which is gently bend the asparagus and let it snap off where it sees fit. It won’t snap in the woody section, so this way you insure you aren’t getting tough asparagus.
- Cut the bacon in half lengthwise to make it thinner. This way you get bacon wrapped around the entire stalk without a ton of overlap, and without pieces of the asparagus exposed.
- Cook the bacon on a baking sheet, but put a rack, like a cooling rack, inside the baking sheet, and the bacon on top of that. This allows for better air flow, which will give you a more even cooking of the asparagus and the bacon.
- Flip half way through. Even though the rack on the baking sheet helps a lot with even cooking, I still find that by flipping the bacon wrapped asparagus half way through the cooking time gives me a crispier result.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe in the Oven (Keto)
- 24 stalks Asparagus trimmed
- 12 slices Bacon center cut preferred
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Place an oven-safe wire rack onto a cookie sheet.
- Trim asparagus by snapping it, and throwing away the woody ends.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cut the bacon slices lengthwise to make narrower strips.
- Wrap each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus stalk, only slightly overlapping the bacon on each stalk.
- Place seam side down onto the wire rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes.Use tongs to turn over.Bake for 10-15 minutes more, until the bacon is almost crispy.
- Set the oven to broil, then place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to crisp up the asparagus.
Pin to your Keto Sides board on Pinterest: