In the winter one of my absolute favorite foods is tomato basil soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. These pretzels are basically tomato soup and grilled cheese combined into one big soft pretzel. Talk about perfection!!!
Soft pretzels remind me of family time. Baseball games. Basketball games. Lazy afternoons. Shopping trips. Actual trips. Soft pretzels, and the buttery, sugary, tastiness trigger memories of time spent together. We always seem to get them when we are out at Sam’s Club, or at a ball game, or even when we are in the airport heading somewhere fun. But I thought it would be fun to combine them with something else that reminds me of family–game nights!
We hold regular family game nights. And it is a huge part of what keeps our family close and connected. In today’s world of technology that connects us, families are getting less connected. Face-to-face time is being replaced with texts, FB messages, and time spent online. The art of a conversation is slowly becoming a lost art. Which is why a game night is huge for us, and why good snacks are a must.
My kids are far more likely to stop watching television, playing with friends, and get off their iPads if they get to play a game with mom and dad and eat something yummy. And so I say that these pretzels are the ideal game-night food. They are going to get the kids in the room, and they aren’t going to get the game dirty. Plus they taste like harvest time! Speaking of harvest time, the perfect game for your game night is Abundant Harvest. It is a game that is based on the theme: You Reap What You Sow. It is a great game because it provides fun, and offers tons of interaction, but also teaches great principles to kids, teens, and adults. Things like honesty should be rewarded. Trust should be earned. In other words, it promotes #FaithandFamily
The game teaches principle based decision making. The principles are things like honesty, trust, and perseverance. It helps open the dialogue to real life situations, and help parents to teach their children to anchor themselves in principles. There are different spaces on the board with good and bad scenarios, and scenario cards. You try to identify which principle is important for the scenario cards, and get a conversation going! They have cards that are specific to life. For example, a spouse scenario might deal with financial differences, or marital goals. The question is, “What would you do?”
This game is a blast, and offers something for everyone, so go check it out on their website: http://www.harvesttimepartners.com then make these killer Soft Pretzels to enjoy while you play!
Oh yeah, did I mention you could win one of these games for your family? Well you can. Because I am giving one away!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
If you love family game nights, be sure to check out my post about the Perfect Popcorn for game night, and Q’s Race to the Top
And if you love soft pretzels, check out some of my favorite bloggers, sharing their soft pretzel recipes today:
We are a group of bloggers who love to blog about food! Each month we will decide on an all-famous National Monthly Food Holiday in which we will base our recipes around. This month the ingredient is pretzels with an optional ingredient of caramel. Yes, October is National Pretzel Month along with a whole array of other delightful things!! Get excited!! We hope you all enjoy our delicious pretzel treats this month and come back to see what we bring for you next month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you’re a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
- Apple Cinnamon Pretzels with Creamy Caramel Dip from Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Apple Pie Stuffed Pretzel Bites with Caramel Dipping Sauce from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pretzels from Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Beer Pretzel Bread Bowls from Susan at Love from the Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Pretzels from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheese Stuffed Soft Pretzels from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Chili Cheese Pretzel Bites from Ashley at The Recipe Rebel
- Cinnamon Raisin Soft Pretzels from Heather at girlichef
- Easy Bacon Cheddar Pretzels from Heidi at Heidi’s Wanderings
- Hopped Up Pretzel Bites with Beer-Gouda Dip from Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Marble Chocolate Dipped Pretzels from Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings
- Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Bites from Emily at It Bakes Me Happy
- Pretzel Rolls with Caramel Dipping Sauce from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Soft Pumpkin Pretzels from Alexis at We Like to Learn as We Go
- Sourdough Pretzels from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Spicy Cheddar and Jalapeno Pretzel Bites from Kimberly at Rhubarb and Honey
- Sun Dried Tomatoes and Cheese Soft Pretzels from Rachael from Eazy Peazy Mealz
Get EZPZ Updates In Your Inbox!