The Best Chewy Chocolate Brownies: These thick, moist, chewy chocolate brownies are the ultimate in chocolate brownies. They have a rich, fudge-y center, and the best crinkly top! They are the perfect indulgence!
The best chewy chocolate brownies: I am not kidding when I say these are the best chewy chocolate brownies. There is just something about an ooey, gooey, thick, rich, chewy brownie that I can’t get enough of. I used to think that brownies, cakes, etc. should all just be made from a box: super fast, super easy, and very little mess or hassle.
There are times I still think this, but when it comes to The Best Chewy Chocolate Brownies, there is no reason to use a mix when you can make them from scratch so quickly and easily. And have such phenomenal results! And you guys, the results really are spectacular in this case. They are so thick and decadent, you won’t be able to get enough of these tasty treats.
Tips for Making the Best Chewy Chocolate Brownies:
- Don’t over stir. You want chewy, but you don’t want chewwwwwwwy, ya know? In other words, you want them to be dense and fudgey, but not tough. So stir in that little bit of flour, but don’t stir too much. Just until it is incorporated.
- Let the brownies cool. This is the hardest part for me because I just want to dig in, but if you let them cool fully you get the ultimate impact of the crinkly crusty top and the fudge-y center. They will stay together and not be as gooey of a mess.
- Cook to perfection: One to two minutes can take great brownies to “eh” brownies. So keep an eye, and make sure they are not wet, and don’t jiggle in the center, but also aren’t coming away from the edges too much.
- Bake in glass. This recipe is written for a glass pan. If you bake these in a metal pan, it won’t take as long, so keep an eye out. I use an 8 x 8 glass baking dish. In fact, this is the exact one I use: Pyrex 8 x 8 Baking Dish
The Best Chewy Chocolate Brownies: Just take a close look at that brownie. You have the crusty part on the top, the fudge-like, center, and the chewy, rich goodness that makes up the rest of it. Trust me when I tell you that waiting for them to cool is a challenge. You will be smelling the chocolate goodness wafting through your house, and your stomach will be rumbling, and the mouth watering, calling out for just one tiny morsel of the perfect brownie. But one tiny morsel will never satisfy. In fact, you may want to make a double batch…just saying!
Sometimes I make The Best Chewy Chocolate Brownies and top them to make them even more decadent. They are the base for the S’mores Brownies, which are To. Die. For, and have a graham cracker crust. You could use them in place of the Raspberry Compote Covered Double Chocolate Brownies (although that recipe is dang good too if I say so myself), or you can enjoy them just the way they are!
The Best Chewy Chocolate Brownies
- 12 Tbs butter a cube and a half
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a saucepan pan melt butter and stir in sugars (brown and white)
- Stir over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes until sugar starts to dissolve.
- Remove from heat
- Add eggs in one at a time, and whisk them into the sugar butter mixture.
- Add flour and cocoa powder
- Stir it together and fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour brownie mixture into a greeaed 8 x 8 baking pan
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees
- Let cool before cutting
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Other awesome brownies:
- S’mores Brownies
- Double Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Compote
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirl Brownie?
Pin to your CHOCOLATE board on Pinterest: