Chicken Noodle Salad is a succulent chicken pieces in a tangy marinade, combined with two different types of noodles, crunchy vegetables and fresh herbs – my chicken noodle salad is sure to tickle your tastebuds!
Chicken Noodle Salad
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Chicken board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I am a big fan of salads which are complete meals and my chicken noodle salad certainly fits into this category. I have created a tangy Asian-style marinade to use both for the chicken and to stir through the noodles. The marinade (or dressing) has sweet chilli, soy sauce, fish sauce and zesty lime. Two types of noodles are used in my chicken noodle salad – mainly to add extra texture and to make it interesting! I have used vermicelli rice noodles and thin egg noodles although you could easily stick to one type of noodles if you prefer.
You can really use any chicken you like for this recipe however I chose to use chicken thighs as they really hold in the flavor of a marinade and are a little more forgiving when they are pan-fried in regards to not going dry if they are cooked too long. I have used fresh and colorful vegetables in this salad – thinly sliced red cabbage, red peppers and snow peas. Mint and cilantro add a flavor kick and a lovely freshness to the salad. I love to add nuts to a salad and I have chosen cashew for my chicken noodle salad. You can add the cashews raw but you may like to roast them (or buy roasted cashews) for extra flavor.
My chicken noodle salad works great for dinner but is also a sensational lunch the next day so make sure you keep some leftovers!
More recipes you might enjoy:
- Cucumber Radish Salad with Creamy Salad Dressing
- Kale Chopped Salad
- Italian Garden Salad
- Kumquat n Kale Power Salad
- Greek Cucumber Salad
Chicken Noodle Salad
- 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tsps coconut oil or olive oil for frying
- 100 g pack of vermicelli rice noodles
- 100 g pack of thin egg noodles
- 10 snow peas sliced
- 1 small red pepper finely sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup mint chopped
- To make marinade whisk together sweet chilli, soy sauce, olive oil, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Use a meat tenderizer to make the chicken thighs thinner and more even.
- This meat tenderizerhas a smooth side for pounding and a textured side for tenderizing.
- Place in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Heat oil in pan. Fry chicken thighs over medium heat approximately 3 minutes either side or until cooked through. Allow to cool and then slice thinly.
- Meanwhile prepare noodles according to packet instructions or soak them in warm water for approximately 3 minutes or until they become are softened and separated.
- Pour remainder of marinade into clean frying pan over medium heat. Add the noodles and sir fry for approximately 2 minutes or until noodles are soft. Allow noodles to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together noodles, sliced vegetables and half of the herbs.
- Top with chicken pieces, remaining herbs and cashews.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Main Dish board:
Why not check out a few of my other recipes which are salads you can have as a complete meal!
And why not check out The Purple Ladle on Pinterest?