This post is sponsored by I Love Ice Cream Cakes. All opinions are my own.
Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Fudge Sauce: This decadent hot fudge is spoon licking good, and perfect served over an already made ice cream cake! And my favorite ice cream cake to eat this one is the decadent and amazing I Love Ice Cream Cakes OREO®
Ever since I was a child I have been obsessed with ice cream cake, particularly I Love Ice Cream Cakes! OREO®! There is just something about the smooth creamy layers, the chunks of OREO® cookies that gets me every single time.
Let me tell you a little story…
When I was a kid I lived on a farm, and we had all kinds of animals, and a huge garden, and a big lawn. And it was amazing. But it was also a TON of work.
Like hours of chores: feeding animals, mucking stalls, mowing grass, picking up walnut husks, and apricots, and peaches, weeding the garden, harvesting the garden, and more.
I loved my life. Like seriously. I look back on it and wish I was still there, playing in my clubhouse in the rafters of the barn, and eating peaches fresh off the tree. But I won’t pretend it wasn’t a lot of work.
Lucky for me, my parents believed in working hard, but they also believed in playing hard. So after a long, hot, summer day of work, we often had a nice cold treat in the evening.
I remember one night we had ice cream cake! It was my first ever experience with this magical concoction. I mean what more could you want from a cake than layers of sweet creamy ice cream? And that yummy center! Drool.
Well, from there my life long love affair with ice cream cake was born. And I have been treating myself to this amazing cold and sweet treat ever since.
I Love Ice Cream Cakes
As I already shared, my favorite brand for ice cream cake is I Love Ice Cream Cakes, they come in many different styles and sizes, including original Carvel®, Jon Donaire® and OREO®. And boy oh boy are they good!
I find myself buying them for all kinds of occasions, from birthday parties, to pool parties, to Wednesdays…ya know, any time I want a nice cold treat. They are just so good and so easy.
You can find them in the freezer section of grocery stores nationwide. I highly recommend them for summer parties, and gatherings. No matter the occasion, it is always a good time to make people smile with ice cream cake!
I love them just the way they are, but over the years I have been finding ways to make my OREO® ice cream cake even better with personal touches. I mean, it is hard to improve on perfection, but let me tell you about a Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Fudge Sauce topping that is so decadent it may not even make it to the cake before you eat it all up. Yep! This sauce is that good.
Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Fudge Sauce Tips
- Whisking the brown sugar and cocoa powder together before adding to the liquids make it a smoother finish.
- Add the vanilla after it is removed from the heat.
- Use while still warm, but if you want to use it later, just reheat it for a few seconds in the microwave. It should go right back to silky smooth perfection!
- Adjust the salt to your preference. A pinch works great, a little extra can enhance flavor.
- Serve over your favorite I Love Ice Cream Cakes, cake!
Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Fudge Sauce is rich and decadent, and has that classic flavor combination of chocolate plus hazelnut! It is smooth, silky, and oh so easy to make. It is basically the most perfect fudge sauce ever made, and trust me when I say you want to make it!
But when combined with awesome ice cream cake I don’t have to make myself, well that is perfection. Have I mentioned my favorite cake to pair it with is the OREO® I Love Ice Cream Cakes? Well just in case I didn’t, just take a look at these pictures, and you can see just how amazing it really is.
What better way to enjoy summer than by taking a #SummerCakeBreak with OREO® I Love Ice Cream Cakes! Covered in Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Fudge Saucee?? This premium ice cream cake is vanilla-flavored ice cream blended with OREO® cookie pieces, whipped frosting, and more OREO® cookie wafers! Yum!
You can find this cake, and all the other I Love Ice Cream Cakes products here: https://iloveicecreamcakes.com/products/ I picked mine up in the freezer section at Walmart.
I love to store my Chocolate Hazelnut Hot Fudge Sauce in these cute little mason jars so I always have some on hand.
More ice cream desserts you may want to try:
- Super Creamy Mint Chip Ice Cream
- Cookie Butter Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
- Cookie Dough Swirl Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Bag Ice Cream
Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Hazelnut spread
- a pinch of salt
- Whisk dark brown sugar and cocoa powder together in a small bowl, and set aside. A good Whiskreally does make the sauce come out so smooth and creamy.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add unsalted butter and heavy whipping cream together, and bring to a soft boil.
- Let boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dark brown sugar and cocoa powder mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, chocolate hazelnut spread and salt.
- Whisk, and let sit a minute to thicken.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Dessert board: