Cranberry Walnut Pie is a sweet, tart, and nutty pie that’s a show-stopping dessert for the holidays! Savor this pie as is, or top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a treat you won’t forget!
Cranberry Walnut Pie
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your Dessert board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I love this time of year! The cooler weather, the smell of baking spices, and all the delicious food being served up for holiday meals is the best! I get that cozy feeling all season long and love to spread that joy with friends and family. This Cranberry Walnut Pie is made for sharing and loaded with fall flavors that are just as delicious at Christmas as it is at Thanksgiving.
Our Thanksgiving dinner is normally pretty traditional. Our menu usually looks a little something like this:
- How to Cook a Perfect Turkey
- Easy Turkey Gravy Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Sour Cream Yeast Rolls
- Thanksgiving Yams
- Sausage Stuffing
Then whole meal ends with Chai Cream Pumpkin Pie. I love a no-bake dessert to keep things extra easy. This year I’m upping my game and adding this pie to the menu too.
My husband LOVES cranberry sauce and I’m taking that love to a whole new level. Now, when I first whipped up this pie I was a little nervous about all the cranberries being too tart. It’s not! This cranberry pie is a crazy good combination of flavors. The brown sugar and butter filling with the walnuts and tart cranberries is this amazing explosion of flavor you won’t soon forget. If you want to up your flavor game in this pie a little more, you can add some orange zest too. Cranberries and orange are best friends. I like this pie as is, but you could top it with some whipped cream or even vanilla ice cream if you like. No matter how you slice it, this pie is a winner for the holidays!
More pie recipes you might enjoy:
Cranberry Walnut Pie
- One 9-inch pie crust store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Plate the pie crust into a pie plate and add edge decoration if desired.
- Pyrex has been around for years and I use their pie platesbecause they are safe to use in the oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher. They are non-porous so they won't absorb odors or flavors.
- Place a piece of tin foil over the crust (gently forming the foil to match the crust shape) and use pie weights of dried beans to weight down the foil.
- Bake for 10 mins. Remove from the oven and once cool enough to handle, remove the weights and foil. Set aside. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla, and salt until smooth and combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour the pie filling into the par-baked pie crust and spread into and even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling has puffed up a bit and is golden as well.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Allow pie to cool to room temperature on a cooling rack before serving.
Pin to your Pie board on Pinterest!