Creamy Meatball Soup
Creamy Meatball Soup Recipe is a creamy bowl of comfort that is filled with easy to make, amazingly delicious homemade meatballs, accompanied with healthy vegetables, the perfect blend of spices, and finished off with cream.
This one pot wonder can be prepped, cooked, and ready to go in under an hour if you have already made meatballs. This soup is sure to become a family favorite. Serve with garlic twist breadsticks or crescent rolls for a complete and mouthwatering meal!
Creamy Meatball Soup is a truly delicious comfort food. This is the kind of meatball soup recipe that is easy to make and is a definite crowdpleaser.
This is the perfect creamy soup when you want a flavorful home cooked meal that doesn’t take hours to prepare.
The creamy broth, accompanied by perfect homemade meatballs makes this soup both cozy and delicious. Plus, I love that I don’t have a ton of dishes or a huge mess in the kitchen when making this dish. It can all be cooked in just one pot.
Is this Soup Low Carb? Or Keto Friendly?
Yes! Absolutely. While carrots are not traditionally a vegetable you can eat on keto, the soup does offer the right balance of fat and carb and protein ratios. And you can always leave the carrots out.
This soup is nicely low carb, making it ideal for those looking to reduce their carbohydrate intake.
Things to be careful of when making this soup:
- Not adding hidden carbs in your meatballs. I recommend making homemade meatballs as the flavor will be better, and the soup will be absolutely delicious. A recipe is included. However, if you want to save time with pre-made, just be sure to check the labels.
- Adding the cream at the end. You do not want your cream to split or curdle, so you want to add it at the end, so you can incorporate it without over-heating it. The cream is how you get the fat intake up. So if you are looking for lower calories, or don’t need extra fat, you could replace half with milk.
- Parmesan cheese is often very salty, so pay attention to the sodium levels in this soup. And adjust as needed for your dietary needs.
How Do You Make Meatballs?
One of my favorite parts of this soup is the meatballs. They add so much amazing flavor because they use two different types of meat.
Meatballs are really easy to make.
Meatball Making Tips:
Be sure to check out my ultimate guide to meatballs.
Use a scoop to get uniform sizing with your meatballs. I recommend this
One of the things I love about this recipe is you can sub out things you do not like, for things you do. For example, let’s say you aren’t a fan of mushrooms. Leave them out.
What if you really want potatoes, but are trying to stay low carb? Try turnips.
What if you really just want to use pre-made meatballs? Go for it. Just be sure to check the label as many have added things like bread crumbs, which will take this away from the low carb zone.
Make It A Complete Meal:
This creamy meatball soup, is delicious. With the veggies and meat, it really is a complete meal on it’s own.
However, if you are anything like me, I love a little bread with my soup. But when I am making a one pot meal, the last thing I want to do is add a ton of extra work. So here are a few easy recipes to try to make a complete meal.
Other Great Soups
- Creamy Chicken Orzo Soup
- White Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker)
- White Chicken Chil
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana (low carb, keto friendly)
One Pot Creamy Meatball Soup
- 1 lb pork ground
- 1 lb italian sausage ground
- 1/2 cup onion finely minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 lbs Meatballs (above recipe)
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 Tbs garlic minced
- 8 oz mushrooms cleaned and sliced thin
- 2 cups carrots peeled and sliced into rounds (about 2 large carrots)
- 2 cups celery diced (About 3 stalks celery)
- 12 oz beef stock or beef bone broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Fresh parsley for garnish
For the meatballs:
- Combine meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Roll into 1" to 2" balls. Depending on preferred size.
- Refrigerate one hour to set.
For the soup:
- Add olive oil to pot or dutch oven, and heat on medium high. Once oil is hot, add meatballs.
- Brown on all sides, about 3-5 minutes per side, then remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pot or dutch oven, add onions, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, and celery.
- Cook 5 minutes until vegetables are starting to brown, onion is fragrant, and soft.
- Add stock, salt and pepper, herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and meatballs, and increase heat to high.
- Cook with lid off, until liquid in pan is reduced by half. And vegetables are tender.
- Turn heat off and slowly add in cream, whisking as it is added, whisk until it incorporates with the soup.
- Return heat to medium and whisk in parmesan cheese.
- Let come to a rolling boil and leave on heat until it reaches desired thickness, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with fresh parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.