Garlic Bread Twists Recipe: This easy to make garlic bread recipe makes 20-30 buttery, garlicky, and absolutely delicious garlic bread twists in under and hour. Ready to learn how to make garlic bread easy?
This garlic bread recipe is a twist on a classic recipe. These easy to make garlic bread twists are the perfect addition to any meal. Take your dinner to the next level by adding these to your next meal.
Easy Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread Twists: You guys there is nothing quite like fresh baked bread or breadsticks. But why do they take so darn long to make? Breadsticks are one of my favorite things with a bowl of soup or a big fresh salad. But I never want to put in the time.
But then I think about soft, garlicky breadsticks. The buttery topping! And then I am like, “Ok…worth it!”
Because I never wanted to take the time, I decided it was about time I figured out a fast easy garlic bread recipe that would take under an hour. That way, when I send my kids out to play, and they come in hungry, they don’t have to wait forever to eat! These bread sticks are the fastest, easiest bread ever, and taste amazing to boot! We make garlic bread all the time now! And so far no one is complaining.
Garlic Bread Twist Variations:
Not only are Garlic Bread Twists a beautiful golden brown, but they are light, fluffy, and so good. I could fill up on these alone, but love dipping them into a bowl of soup, or a nice pasta sauce. Honestly, I love them just as the recipe is written. But sometimes, it is fun to mix up the filling.
- Mix some parmesan cheese into the center garlic mixture.
- Skip the garlic salt and add cinnamon and sugar instead to make them cinnamon twists.
- Try some fresh herbs and butter. I love basil and garlic.
How to make Homemade Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread Twists go well with soup, pasta, or just on their own. And if you can’t master the twist, don’t worry, they are great just rolled as well. I just like the twist because it means a little filling in every bite, and some extra texture. That extra texture is super nice. I love when you get that nice golden brown with just a little crunchy crispiness. Oh so good.
And when you use a silicone butter brush (not even sure what it is called), and brush melted butter on top…oh em ghee!
Tools Used to Make Garlic Bread Twists:
- Kitchen Aid Mixer: I love using my kitchen aid for these breadsticks because it keeps things simple. Toss the ingredients in and let it knead.
- Kneading Hook: You can knead by hand, but I figure using the mixer is even easier.
- Pizza Cutter: I love using a pizza cutter to quickly cut out the breadsticks. It is smooth and simple.
- Silicone Baking Mat: If I could recommend one thing you purchase for your kitchen it would be these silicone mats! They are the best. They make baking so much easier, and nothing sticks.
- Pastry Brush: Brush on that butter and shake on some garlic salt!
Other great recipes:
- Cheesy Garlic Pull-It Bread
- No Knead Dinner Rolls
- Simple Quick Dinner Rolls
- Cheese Stuffed Garlic Rolls
Garlic Bread Twists Recipe
- 3 cups warm water
- 4 Tbs white sugar
- 2 Tbs yeast
- 1 tsp butter flavoring optional
- 6.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Garlic salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Start with warm water, and add yeast and sugar to it. Be sure the water is not too hot or it will kill your yeast.
- Let it sit about 5 minutes. (Watch for yeast to foam)
- Add in butter flavoring if you are using it, don't worry, it is good without it too.
- Then using a mixer, or by hand, stir in the flour and salt. I used a kitchen aid, and a bread hook, and it worked well.
- Once well mixed, let it sit, covered for about 10 minutes.
- While waiting for dough to rise a little (during the 10 minutes), melt your butter in the microwave.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle
- Brush with butter, and sprinkle on garlic salt.
- Fold dough in half so that the butter mixture is in the center.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 1 inch strips into the dough.
- Twist the strips to form garlic bread twists.
- Put bread sticks or twists on an ungreased baking sheet (should fill 2 sheets)
- Cover breadsticks and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Turn on oven and preheat to 400 while bread is rising.
- Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush on melted butter, and sprinkle on more garlic salt
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Bread board on Pinterest: