Simple Eclair Ice Box Cake:
No baking, no fuss, this easy ice box cake is absolutely delicious and just so fun. Rich chocolate topping, fun vanilla custardy center, and graham crackers. It tastes like an eclair in cake form! And is way easier than baking eclairs.
You guys I am always looking for super duper easy to make dessert recipes. One of my all time favorite treats is an eclair. My husband used to work at a restaurant that had an onsite pastry chef, and she made the ultimate eclairs. Like so seriously tasty, and light, and creamy that I would gorge myself on them and could eat half a dozen before even realizing I had done it.
Granted they were mini eclairs, so don’t worry I am not as big of a glutton as I sound.
Anyway, my love for eclairs is only eclipsed by my loathing of super complicated, technical, easy to mess up baking recipes! I mean seriously, who wants to be disappointed by an eclair that doesn’t puff when all you want is the creamy, sugary, chocolate coated goodness of an eclair? So, this Eclair Ice Box Cake is my favorite solution!
I mean look at those layers of goodness! How can you not dive into that face first??? All you have to do is mix up a few simple ingredients and layer. Then you top it with this decadent hot fudge sauce, and chill. The recipe for the hot fudge sauce comes from my friend Sandra over at A Dash of Sanity.
She would constantly tell me about how rich and silky it was, and how she wanted to put it on everything, so I finally made it, and she was right. Rich, silky, delicious, chocolatey goodness, and the perfect topping to the ultimate eclair ice box cake.
I used Cool Whip, whipped topping, but any stabilized whipped cream will do, so feel free to make your own if you are adverse to Cool Whip!
Éclair Ice Box Cake Tips:
- Give it time, you need at least a couple hours for this to chill.
- A drizzle of your favorite white chocolate or some other fun topper makes it so much yummier because it is pretty! I promise.
- Use your favorite brand of Graham Crackers.
- Keep it chilled. If you are taking it to a BBQ or party, you want to eat it quick so it doesn’t get too warm, or be sure to use this great double hot and cold thermal food carrier. You can pack a Lasagna and this Eclair Ice Box Cake in the same thermal carrier.
Other Fun Eazy Peazy Desserts!
- 20 No Bake Desserts
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Ice Box Cake
- Crock Pot Peanut Clusters
- Grandma’s Carrot Pudding
- Texas Sheet Cake
Eclair Ice Box Cake
- 15-20 Graham Crackers broken in half
- 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding 3.4 oz. size
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk cold
- 8 ounces COOL WHIP Whipped Topping thawed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl beat the pudding mix with the milk, using a hand mixer.
- Let it set up a little, then stir in thawed Cool Whip.
- In an 8 x 8 square pan, put a single layer of graham crackers, approximately 10 squares, then top with 1/2 of the pudding cool whip mixture.
- Repeat this by adding 10 more graham cracker squares.
- Then spread the other half of the pudding mixture over the squares.
- Top with remaining 10 graham cracker squares.
- Then make chocolate topping (below), cover with topping, and then chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Just before serving take white chocolate chips and melt in microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each. Should take about a minute to melt depending on microwave.
- Remove from fridge, and use a spoon to drizzle white chocolate over the top to resemble the top of an eclair.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!
- Stir brown sugar and cocoa powder together in a small bowl.
- In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, add butter and milk, and bring to a slow boil.
- Let it boil 3-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa and brown sugar mixture.
- Return to heat, and whisk until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Set aside to cool for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour over Eclair cake and put in fridge to let set up.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Dessert board: