This post for No Bake OREO Cheesecake Ice Box Cake first appeared on Real Housemoms, where I am a contributor.
No Bake OREO Cheesecake Ice Box Cake: Decadent layers of OREO, cheesecake filling, and chocolate make this a one of a kind, no bake dessert perfect for your summer gatherings!
We spent the first two weeks of our summer in Australia (read about that here), and that means we weren’t dealing with the heat because Australia is in their winter months when we are in our summer. We were bundled up, ordering hot chocolates at restaurants, and spent our time in pants. Then we come home to 100 degree plus weather, and we were dying!
It was super hot, so we turned to smoothies, popsicles, and ice cream cakes to cool down. No bake desserts are a must during the warmer months, and sometimes I love them even in the fall or spring, because they are just easy, and always turn out how I want them. This particular no bake dessert is a classic with a fun, decadent twist. I took one of my favorite recipes: Eclair Ice Box Cake, and decided to give it some fun additions, like cheesecake filling, and OREO! Can’t go wrong when you add OREO to something.
This No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Ice Box Cake is a perfect way to cool down on those hot summer days. It is a great alternative to a traditional cake for birthdays or parties. It is decadent, rich, and oh so yummy. It offers chocolate, OREO, and cheesecake, so basically it is a sweet-lover’s dream dessert! And even though it is fairly small, it serves a crowd because it is so decadent. I would plan one recipe serving 9.
Tips for No Bake OREO Cheesecake Ice Box Cake:
- Tip 1: Make the hot fudge topping. You could use a canned frosting, but it really takes this dessert over the top!
- Tip 2: Make a day ahead for parties or events, this gets better the second day!
- Tip 3: Crush your OREOs so they are bite sized chunks, but don’t make them too small, you want to be able to really taste that OREO goodness.
- Tip 4: This dessert is extremely rich, so enjoy small portions. It is one of those desserts that you think you want a huge piece because it just looks so good. But trust me, it is rich and filling!
- Tip 5: Give it time to chill, this will allow everything to set up, and for those yummy layers of graham crackers and OREO to soak up the delicious goodness.
Other No Bake Desserts:
- Eclair Ice Box Cake
- Easy Reese’s Ice Box Cake
- Fresh Fruit Granitas
- Jasmine Tea and Coconut Popsicles
- Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
Pin to your Dessert board on Pinterest: