This post for No Bake OREO Cheesecake Ice Box Cake first appeared on Real Housemoms, where I am a contributor.
No Bake OREO Cheesecake Ice Box Cake:
Decadent layers of OREO, cheesecake filling, and chocolate make this a one of a kind, no bake dessert perfect for your summer gatherings!
We spent the first two weeks of our summer in Australia (read about that here), and that means we weren’t dealing with the heat because Australia is in their winter months when we are in our summer. We were bundled up, ordering hot chocolates at restaurants, and spent our time in pants. Then we come home to 100 degree plus weather, and we were dying!
It was super hot, so we turned to smoothies, popsicles, and ice cream cakes to cool down. No bake desserts are a must during the warmer months, and sometimes I love them even in the fall or spring, because they are just easy, and always turn out how I want them. This particular no bake dessert is a classic with a fun, decadent twist. I took one of my favorite recipes: Eclair Ice Box Cake, and decided to give it some fun additions, like cheesecake filling, and OREO! Can’t go wrong when you add OREO to something. I love that you can buy groceries on Amazon!
This No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Ice Box Cake is a perfect way to cool down on those hot summer days. It is a great alternative to a traditional cake for birthdays or parties. It is decadent, rich, and oh so yummy. With chocolate, OREO, and cheesecake, so basically it is a sweet-lover’s dream dessert! And even though it is fairly small, it serves a crowd because it is so decadent. I would plan one recipe serving 9.
Tips for No Bake OREO Cheesecake Ice Box Cake:
- Tip 1: Make the hot fudge topping. You could use a canned frosting, but it really takes this dessert over the top!
- Tip 2: Make a day ahead for parties or events, this gets better the second day!
- Tip 3: Crush your OREOs so they are bite sized chunks, but don’t make them too small, you want to be able to really taste that OREO goodness.
- Tip 4: This dessert is extremely rich, so enjoy small portions. It is one of those desserts that you think you want a huge piece because it just looks so good. But trust me, it is rich and filling!
- Tip 5: Give it time to chill, this will allow everything to set up, and for those yummy layers of graham crackers and OREO to soak up the delicious goodness.
Other No Bake Desserts:
- Eclair Ice Box Cake
- Easy Reese’s Ice Box Cake
- Fresh Fruit Granitas
- Jasmine Tea and Coconut Popsicles
- Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Ice Box Cake
No Bake Cheesecake Filling
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 3.5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 14-ounce can (1 1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 packages 20 sheets graham crackers
Chocolate Fudge Ganache
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, and using an electric mixer set at medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the instant pudding and continue to beat until blended.
- Beat in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl, as necessary.
- Add the cold milk and beat.
- Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Once all beat together, set aside.
- Break graham crackers in half, so you have 40 square pieces.
- Take OREOS and chop them up so they are in smaller, bite sized pieces.
- Line the bottom of an 8x8 square pan with 10 graham crackers, and sprinkle with 1/4th of the crushed up OREOS. Using a square baking pan makes everything fit so nicely and layer easily.
- Layer in 1/3 of the cheesecake mixture
- Add another 10 graham cracker squares on top, and another 1/4th of the crushed OREOS
- Layer in 1/3 of the cheesecake mixture
- Top with 10 more graham cracker squares and 1/4 the OREOS
- Layer in the final 1/3 of the cheesecake mixture
- Add a top of graham crackers and stick in fridge while making the chocolate topping.
- Make chocolate fudge ganache by stirring brown sugar and cocoa powder together in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, add butter and milk, and bring to a slow boil.
- Let it boil 3-5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add cocoa and brown sugar mixture, and whisk until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Let sit 2-3 minutes to cool slightly, remove cake from fridge, and then pour fudge ganache sauce over OREO No Bake Cheesecake Ice Box Cake. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4th of crushed OREOS.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Dessert board on Pinterest: