Thank you Tracy Lyman for sponsoring this post and keeping this content free for my readers.
Chicken noodle soup packed with anti-oxidant rich vegetables, chicken broth, and some extra goodness in the form of Oregano essential oil!
Will spring never get here? I mean seriously, I go out of town for a week to hot weather and beauty, and come home to snow. SNOW…in APRIL! I am going to curl up in a corner with a good book and some sweat pants now to make it through the rest of the winter. Haha, okay, I am just a huge baby because we have actually had a super mild winter with almost no snow, the poor skiers and resorts! But when cold weather hits, I do love a big old pot of chicken noodle soup.
We have been going full tilt of late, as I have mentioned several times in past articles we are in the middle of move, and of course working, blogging, and more, which means I am setting myself up to come down with a head cold. Any time I don’t get enough sleep I start to get sick. But not this time! I am kicking the cold and flu’s butt with this soup and the awesome antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic, antiseptic to the respiratory system, antiviral, and immune stimulant properties offered by oregano oil.
This soup tastes great, and the addition of essential oil is not just for health purposes. Think of it like adding the dried oregano you buy at the store, only in a more concentrated dose! It adds that nice herby flavor to the soup. A little goes a long way, and can really help. Just be careful not to use too much. Of course, I am not a doctor, so if you have any concerns, check with a medical professional. This is just my personal experience with this oil, and so far I have really loved it.
I have avoided getting any colds, coughs, or flus since I started cooking with it, and while there are hundreds of things that could play a role in that, I can’t help but think that at least a small part is due to the benefits of this oil! And for that I am grateful because going about real life when sick is not pleasant!
Flu Fighter Chicken NoodlePrint Pin Rate
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups celery
- 2 lbs cut up chicken
- 5 drops Oregano essential oil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Bay leaves
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans chicken stock
- In a soup pot, add a tbs olive oil, minced garlic, onions, and carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes until onions are aromatic.
- Add chicken into pot, and season with salt and pepper and thyme, then cook until slightly browned on outside, but not necessarily cooked through, stir occasionally.
- Add in the water, chicken stock, salt and pepper, bay leaves and oregano oil.
- Bring pot to a boil, then turn down heat and let simmer 15-20 minutes until veggies are soft, then bring back up to a boil, add in noodles, and let cook until noodles are soft, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve!
Don’t forget to check out some of the other fun ways to cook with essential oils: