This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Greek Chicken Wraps:
Tasty marinated Greek chicken, creamy tzatziki, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion, all wrapped together in a flavorful Mission® Carb Balance Soft Taco Flour Tortilla. This is the perfect meal!
Making Better Choices
With the new year, most of us focus on making changes that make our lives better. We come up with resolutions and goals to try and make better choices. And one of the areas many of us do this in is food! Better food choices for a better year, looking better, feeling better, and more!
One of my biggest tricks to making good food choices is meal planning. I was once chatting with my brother in law and he mentioned he eats the worst, spends the most money, and makes the worst choices when he needs convenience and didn’t plan ahead. He mentioned how lack of planning was turning out to be very expensive for their family. I thought about this a lot and realized the same held true for my life. When I prepare and plan ahead, those good choices become easier. I buy the foods that make it easier, and I am prepared ahead of time instead of opting for convenience over the good choice.
Lucky for me, as I have thought about this I have found products and solutions that are both convenient and a good choice. I love Mission Carb Balance Tortillas because making better choices in the new year and staying on track without sacrificing flavor is easy with them! They are soft and tasty, and the perfect way to stay on track without giving up the foods I love. I can still have taco Tuesday, or eat a delicious wrap, without stress or guilt.
I am obsessed with Greek flavors, and love Greek wraps, but all the carbs make it hard to include them in a low-carb diet. I love that I don’t have to worry about that with Mission Carb Balance Tortillas. I can add my tzatziki and grilled chicken and veggies without worrying over what it is wrapped up in.
And as far as planning goes, I love making these Greek Chicken Wraps ahead and packaging them in a way that I can assemble when I am ready to eat. It is the perfect meal prep solution because it can be eaten hot or cold, and tastes great both ways. It is portable, doesn’t require a utensil to be eaten, and can be adjusted for portion based on who is eating and their appetite. And the Mission Carb Balance Tortillas really make it guilt-free!
How do you make Greek wraps?
Making Greek Wraps is easy. You have to start with a great tortilla and build out, adding the things you like most.
Mission Carb Balance Tortillas offer the best of both worlds. They support a wholesome lifestyle with no sacrifice of flavor. The Mission Carb Balance Tortillas are an excellent source of fiber. They have zero sugar, contain only 6g of net carbs per serving for flour tortillas, and 5g of net carbs for whole wheat. All of that is great, but they are also soft, delicious, and versatile. I love using them for all of my recipes that call for a tortilla!
When making a delicious Greek Chicken Wrap, I love that they can be used cold, but prepared warm is best for full flavor. You can accomplish this by popping them in the microwave for a few seconds, or on a hot griddle or skillet.
The chicken is marinated in a delicious, but simple Greek marinade. All of those amazing herbs and spices that give it Mediterranean flavor notes, and depth of flavor, combine well with lemon and red wine vinegar.
The chicken is best when it is given at least 30 minutes to marinate. But it can be marinated up to 24 hours without a problem. So when doing your meal planning, you can prep the marinade ahead, marinate the chicken and grill it in bulk, etc. Whatever step makes it easier for you.
The fresh veggies: cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion, are classics in Greek dishes, and perfectly complement this dish. The cucumber adds crunch and texture, the tomato sweetness and acidity, and the red onion some flavor.
The tzatziki is an excellent addition because it adds some creaminess and flavor, which makes it the perfect finish to this fantastic dish.
What goes into a chicken wrap?
The beautiful thing about this Greek Chicken Wrap (besides the Mission Carb Balance Tortillas of course!) is the fact that you can literally add or subtract anything you want from it. If you hate tomatoes, leave them off. If you want extra feta, add some.
This is a totally customizable lunch, dinner, or meal prep option that you can adjust to meet your preferences and even your macro needs.
A few delicious additions:
- Kalamata olives
- Additional fresh herbs
What are Greek wraps called?
For this recipe, I am keeping things simple, and calling these Greek Chicken Wraps. But there are a lot of different names for similar dishes. You may have heard of gyros or a souvlaki wrap. You could even call it a Greek chicken taco or burrito.
Let’s just agree to call it delicious.
Tools Needed for Greek Chicken Wraps:
- Stainless Steel Knife: This knife is strong enough to cut through hard surfaces without any problem. Great for cutting chicken.
- Vegetable Knife: This knife is perfect for cutting your vegetables in a clean, easy slice.
Other Greek Favorites
- Greek Chicken Nachos
- Oven Roasted Greek Chicken
- Greek Chicken Flatbread
- Greek Chicken Wedge Salad
- Grilled Greek Chicken
- Greek Chicken Orzo Salad
- Greek Chicken Couscous Bowl
Greek Chicken Wraps
- 8 Mission® Carb Balance Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- ½ cup red onions
- ½ cup tzatziki sauce
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Fresh dill for garnish
- 2 lbs. chicken
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 tsp each: dried basil, dried thyme, crushed rosemary, salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Trim chicken and cut into smaller pieces, about chicken tender size, one inch wide.
- Mix marinade ingredients in a bowl, and pour into a zipped plastic bag with trimmed boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. Set aside and let marinade for 30 minutes or longer.
- While chicken is marinating, make the tzatziki and chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions.
- Turn your stove top to medium-high, and with a cast iron skillet or grill pan, add olive oil to the skillet.
- When the oil is hot, add chicken to the pan, and cook 6-7 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Warm Mission Carb Balance Soft Taco Flour Tortillas for a few seconds in a skillet or microwave (optional, but I recommend for best flavor).
- Spread a Tbsp or so of tzatziki over a Mission Carb Balance Soft Taco Flour Tortilla.
- Layer on the cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and grilled chicken.
- Sprinkle with feta and garnish with fresh dill weed, if desired.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Meal Prep board on Pinterest: