Greek Chicken Flatbread:
Delicious and fresh Greek Chicken Flatbread, this baby is loaded with creamy hummus, fresh and crunchy vegetables, tender bites of chicken, and fresh dill, making it a simple, but oh so delicious lunch.
This flatbread is basically an open faced cross between a sandwich and pizza. It is dressed with flavorful Greek inspired ingredients, topped with fresh tzatziki, and herbs.
Whether you are looking for a simple lunch, or a great snack, this Greek Chicken flatbread is a quick, healthy, and simple option for big flavor.
Greek Chicken Flatbread makes a delicious and convenient lunch or dinner. Make this brilliant flatbread recipe on a night when you are on the go or looking for a simple dish packed with fabulous flavor.
This is a tasty meal and great for a hectic weeknight. Pack Greek Chicken Flatbread up for a picnic or for when you are heading out the door and need some tasty nourishing food. Or, simply enjoy this dish in the comfort of your own home.
What is Flatbread?
Flatbread is a great bread option that is exactly what it sounds like: bread that is flat.
It is typical in mediterranean cultures, and is sometimes called a pita, naan, or roti.
Traditional bread that is not flat uses leavening ingredients such as yeast, baking powder, baking soda etc. These leavening components help the bread to rise.
Flatbread is either unleavened bread, meaning no leavening ingredients are used or it is leavened bread but very minimal leavening products have been used, producing a bread that is still flatter than traditional bread.
Some Types of Flatbread:
- Pita bread
You can order some great naan bread now from Amazon here! Or make your own with this great recipe for traditional naan. For this recipe, you are to use a flatbread that is already made and baked. And you are simply topping it. Much like a pizza, but with fresh ingredients you won’t want to put in the oven.
Can you Cook Flatbread in the Oven?
Absolutely! But for this recipe you want it to be baked already, as it is going to be topped with tons of fresh, delicious, veggies you won’t want to bake.
How to Make Green Chicken Flatbread?
One of the reasons I am obsessed with this recipe is it is so simple.
- Gather ingredients
You only need a few ingredients:
- A pre-made flatbread.
- Already cooked Greek Chicken, but rotisserie chicken would work here as well.
- Feta (optional, but adds some extra saltiness)
- Fresh veggies: Cucumbers, mini peppers, tomatoes, red onion
- Fresh Dill
- Kalamata Olives
This Greek Chicken Flatbread is such a quick lunch to throw together, and can be easily customized to your preference.
- Spread a base of hummus on the flatbread to act as a spread.
- Load it up with bits of chicken, sliced tomatoes, spiralized cucumber, and red onion.
- Add a dollop of fresh tzatziki and some salty, brine-y Kalmata olives.
- Season the whole thing with some fresh ground pepper, sea salt, and fresh dill weed.
Greek Chicken Flatbread and other Mediterranean Favorites
This dish is so simple, which is what eazy peazy is all about, but what makes the Greek Chicken Flatbread so special is the Mediterranean flavors. WHen combined, these flavors bring a light, fresh, but satisfying combo that is amazing.
You can even pre-prep the ingredients and keep them sliced and ready to go in the refrigerator for a quick meal on a busy day.
- Makes for a great packed lunch option as it is eaten cold.
- Perfect for picnics.
- The ideal way to use up leftovers.
- Makes for a quick lunch on busy days, with easy clean up.
Looking for other Mediterranean dishes to try?
- Sheet Pan Baked Greek Chicken Thighs
- Greek Chicken Orzo Bowl.
- Meal Prep Greek Chicken
- Chicken skewers with tzatziki dipping sauce
Great Ways to Use Flatbread:
While this is for sure one of my favorite ways to use a flatbread and such a convenient way, I thought it worth mentioning that you can use them in so many ways:
- Use flatbread as a pizza crust.
This is one of my new favorite ways to make a quick and minimal mess pizza.
Instead of making my own crust, on a busy weeknight I will add pizza ingredients to a piece of naan bread and cook in the oven or on the Traeger.
Plus, mini naan bread is the perfect size for individual pizzas. Think of it like a pre-made crust to top as you wish.
- Flatbread pairs nicely with hummus.
Flatbread can also be a great dipping bread. Dip flatbread in some hummus or use hummus on a flatbread like this one as a sauce.
- Flatbread is great for sandwiches with sauce or an open-faced sandwich.
Flatbread handles sauce well and does not get soggy like other breads can.
There is nothing worse than getting excited about a sandwich, taking the time to load the sandwich up with a handful of carefully selected ingredients to only end up with a soggy mess. Gross.
Flatbread seems to be able to hold sauce better than traditional bread, allowing you to load on the sauce until your heart is content.
So cut it in half and load it up like a sandwich.
- Satisfy a sweet craving by pairing the flatbread, naan with some sweet favorites.
This is a new favorite for me when I am looking for something to quickly satisfy a sweet tooth craving, but also want to fill myself up. I will heat up naan in the microwave, spread peanut butter on the naan and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top. So good and so easy! Or how about some butter and cinnamon sugar?
If you don’t go too crazy with the chocolate chips and are mindful of the portion of peanut butter, satisfying this sweet tooth craving does not have to sacrifice too many calories in the process.
- Use flatbread for a great Greek Chicken Flatbread.
Flatbread and the fresh Mediterranean inspired ingredients make a great team for my great Greek Chicken Flatbread.
Here is a list of other recipes you can use with your delicious homemade flatbread:
Other Great Greek Recipes
- Greek Chicken Nachos
- Baked Greek Chicken Breasts
- Greek Chicken Orzo Salad
- Greek Chicken Wedge Salad
- Greek Chicken Wraps
- Greek Seasoning Blend
Greek Chicken Flatbread
- 1 Naan Garlic, or plain
- 1 Tablespoon Hummus
- 2 Tablespoon Feta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek Chicken cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Red Onion diced
- 1/4 cup Mini Bell Peppers sliced
- 1/4 cup Cucumber ribbons
- 1/4 cup Grape or cherry Tomatoes or other tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives
- 2 Tablespoon Tzatziki
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread hummus on a prepared flatbread or naan
- Top with cubed greek chicken, feta, and all the fresh vegetables.
- Add a dollop of Tzatziki, and season with fresh dill, salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Easy Lunch board: