Greek Chicken Nachos
Nachos are a classic appetizer, especially for game day, but you are going to be obsessed with this fun twist –Greek Chicken Nachos!
They are such a fun change from a traditional nacho platter. They offer a fresher taste than typical cheese sauce covered nachos. And are loaded with Greek inspired ingredients like feta cheese, chunks of sweet tomatoes, crispy cucumbers, Greek chicken, and more, creating an explosion of Mediterranean flavors right in your mouth.
Confession, I freaking LOVE nachos. We were on a cruise recently and they had a nacho bar, and I ate at it every single day. There is just something about loading up a chip with cheese and toppers that makes me happy.
But these aren’t just any nachos, they are healthy nachos! At least mostly healthy, which means you can enjoy them guilt free. They aren’t full of processed stuff and chemical cheese bits, rather fresh veggies, and so much flavor.
Are Nachos Healthy?
Greek chicken nachos are definitely a healthier nacho since they skip the fake or greasy cheese and sour cream and instead offer fresh, healthy toppings, and some delicious mix of cheese. Feta and mozzarella!
If you prefer the traditional nachos then check out this recipe… Chicken Nachos. Which are also TO. DIE. FOR delicious, and made on one sheetpan to keep things simple.
What Do Nachos Have On Them?
Traditional nachos keep it simple. Tortilla chips, cheese, and jalapeños are all it takes to make a traditional nacho platter.
These are not traditional, and have both warm and cold ingredients:
- Chips: We skip the traditional tortilla and opt for a sturdy, pita style chip. I used the Stacy’s Simply Naked Chips. But feel free to pick a different variety, they have a multigrain option that would also be oh so good.
- Cheeses: Feta and mozzarella- Mozzarella gives you that cheesy, cheese pull type feel you want from nachos, with subtle flavor that won’t overpower the Greek influence. And feta gives you that salty fun you need in this dish. YUM!
- Chicken: Ok, the chicken is totally optional, but I had some leftover Skillet Greek Chicken which I made and so I chunked it up and tossed it on, and boy was it a fun addition. You can use Rotisserie Chicken too if you want.
- Veggies: The best nachos have finely diced toppings so you can get all the flavors in one bite. So I started by making this greek cucumber salad, and dicing everything smaller, then sprinkling it over the nachos.
- Kalamata Olives: I love adding a salty, briney component, it also adds just enough of a textural difference to give each bite some crunch, creaminess, heft, and chew! Sounds crazy, but trust me, it is crazy delicious.
Why Make Greek Chicken Nachos:
- Healthier than Traditional Nachos
- Packed with Flavor
- Provides a Generous Serving of Vegetables
- Filling Dish
- Easy to Make
What Are The Ingredients in Greek Chicken Nachos?
Greek Chicken Nachos have a great blend of Mediterranean flavors.
- Pita Chips
- Fresh Vegetables- basically a cucumber salad of red onion, tomatoes, and cucumbers
- Kalamata Olives
- Tender Greek Chicken
- Feta Cheese
Why Are Greek Chicken Nachos Healthier?
The ingredients used in Greek chicken nachos are relatively healthy or healthier than a lot of ingredients used in a typical nacho platter.
- Greek chicken nachos use pita chips, which is a healthier chip.
Toppings sit on a bed of crispy pita chips. Pita chips are not only delicious but are typically a lot healthier than most chips because there is less fat and sodium.
- Greek chicken nachos use a healthier cheese, feta cheese.
Feta is lower in calories and fat than most other cheeses. Plus it contains a lot of vitamin B and good fatty acids.
- Greek chicken nachos are loaded with vegetables!
Fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, Kalamata olives, and onions, not only provide a beautiful and colorful dish, but offer a punch of flavor with a helpful serving of healthy.
- Also, let’s not forget about the chicken. Chicken is a great source of protein.
Chicken adds a filling and tasty element to this dish.
How Do You Make Pita Chips?
So, you may have noticed that these nachos don’t use a heaping pile of tortilla chips.
I know that may be hard to wrap your head around at first, but once you have tried these nachos with pita chips, you will be wondering why all these years you have been so unnecessarily loyal to the commonly used tortilla chip.
The term nachos doesn’t have to be confined to tortilla chips and cheddar cheese. Think bigger and a whole different list of ingredients. Enter our humble friend the pita chip.
If you haven’t ever made pita chips, you are missing out. Not only are they easy to make, they are so tasty.
For an even easier option, order some tasty pita chips here. They are Stacy’s brand and the are great.
Or buy some pitas and make your own:
Steps for Making Your Own Pita Chips:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice pita bread into triangular wedges
- Place wedges in a single layer on a baking sheeting
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt and any other desired spices
- Cook for 5 minutes on one side
- Flip pita wedges to other side and cook for five more minutes
In about ten minutes you will have delicious pita chips made right in your very own kitchen.
Are Greek Chicken Nachos Easy To Make?
Absolutely! Greek chicken nachos are not difficult to make at all and the finished product is such an elevated dish.
Cut up your veggies, crumble some feta, make some chicken, and use my Greek chicken marinade to add a zest of flavor.
- Preheat your oven to broil on high.
- Load your pita chips up with mozzarella, chicken, and feta.
- Broil 3-5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Pile all this fresh deliciousness on top.
Once you try the blend of flavors in my Greek Chicken Nachos, you will be hooked on Mediterranean cuisine.
What can you serve with nachos?
What is so great about my Greek chicken nachos is the twist I’ve taken on the main stream nacho, making it a fresher and healthier dish, reminiscent of the commonly known nacho platter. And you do NOT have to add anything extra. It comes with everything you need, but you can add some fresh tazatziki if you want to dip them in something.
Pair them with these classic appetizers for a fun game day spread:
Other Great Greek Recipes
- Baked Greek Chicken Breasts
- Oven Roasted Greek Chicken
- Greek Chicken Flatbread
- Greek Chicken Wedge Salad
- Grilled Greek Chicken
- Greek Chicken Orzo Salad
- Greek Chicken Street Tacos
- Greek Chicken Couscous Bowl
Greek Chicken Nachos
- 18 ounce bag Stacy's Pita Chips Original
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Greek Chicken cooked and chunked up
- 1/2 cup feta cheese + extra to sprinkle on top after broiling
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes diced small
- 1/2 cup Cucumbers diced small
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Red onion diced small or sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to broil on high.
- Use a cookie sheet or baking pan, and spread Pita chips into a single, even layer
- Sprinkle chips with cheeses and chicken
- Broil in preheated oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted, keep a close eye
- Remove from oven, and load up with fresh ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Greek Chicken Nachos should be saved to your Appetizer board: