I personally loved this Halloween Food Activity. It was fast, it was tasty, and it did not make a big mess in my kitchen.
Halloween: Zombie Fingers
- 6 mozzarella string cheese
- 2 olives
- 1 slice of green pepper
- 1 slice of red pepper
- 1 Tbs sour cream or ranch dressing
- Cut string cheese in half
- Use a toothpick to carve finger wrinkles into cheese
- Cut olives, green peppers, and red peppers to create finger nails
- Attach fingernails to cheese fingers using a little bit of sour cream, or you can use the toothpick to dig out the cheese a little to create a nail bed.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
I got my ingredients all ready, and cut the veggies and fruit into “Fingernail” shapes for my kids so that they would not need to use any knives.
Then I gave each kid a toothpick and let them make their zombie finger snack!
The book I read with my kids was hilarious. It really was so cute. It is about a zombie who is trying to find someone to love him, but he runs into all kinds of problems because, well…he is a zombie…falling off limbs and all. It is called Zombie in Love
Speaking of zombies in love, have you seen that movie Warm Bodies [Blu-ray]?
I love zombies, but I did not realize it until recently. Do you like zombies? My husband and I love The Walking Dead but before that I had not been a big zombie fan. Then I read a few series, The Forest of Hands and Teeth was my favorite of the zombie genre.
What are your favorite thriller? Scary? Halloween type haunts???