My youngest boy is such a breakfast eater. Personally, I can take it or leave it when it comes to breakfast. But my boy wakes up every morning totally starving. Like famished. As in, feed me this second or I will perish.
He tends to snack off and on all day, and picks at his meals, but with breakfast I get the chance to fill him up, give him foods with the right nutrients, and some staying power. We eat a lot of Whole Wheat Pancakes and Green Smoothies, but this awesome meal happened into the rotation last week, and it was a breakfast I could get behind.
Hungry Man's Sausage & Pepper Breakfast HashPrint Pin Rate
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tbs garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Fresh roma tomatos
- Chop your peppers, onions, and potatoes small
- Heat oil in a saute pan on medium-high heat
- Add in minced garlic and saute for one minute
- Add in potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes, until they start to brown on the outside
- Add in onions and peppers, and sausage.
- Brown sausage around the veggies, and add in additional seasonings.
- If needed, add a little water in to the pan, but with the original oil and sausage, it is unlikely you will need it.
- Once sausage is browned and potatoes are starting to cook, turn down and cover and cook for a few more minutes until everything is tender
- Cover and let cook
- While covered and cooking, fry eggs and slice the roma tomatos
- Serve hash with soft yolk fried egg over top and fresh tomato on side
It is also great with some sriracha or hot sauce to kick it up a notch. I hope you try it and love it, and feel free to follow me on social media for other recipes that are of course…Eazy Peazy!
Find me here: Blog / Facebook /Twitter / Google+ / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Instagram