My youngest boy is such a breakfast eater. Personally, I can take it or leave it when it comes to breakfast. But my boy wakes up every morning totally starving. Like famished. As in, feed me this second or I will perish.
He tends to snack off and on all day, and picks at his meals, but with breakfast I get the chance to fill him up, give him foods with the right nutrients, and some staying power. We eat a lot of Whole Wheat Pancakes and Green Smoothies, but this awesome meal happened into the rotation last week, and it was a breakfast I could get behind.
Hungry Man's Sausage & Pepper Breakfast HashPrint Pin Rate
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tbs garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Fresh roma tomatos
- Chop your peppers, onions, and potatoes small
- Heat oil in a saute pan on medium-high heat
- Add in minced garlic and saute for one minute
- Add in potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes, until they start to brown on the outside
- Add in onions and peppers, and sausage.
- Brown sausage around the veggies, and add in additional seasonings.
- If needed, add a little water in to the pan, but with the original oil and sausage, it is unlikely you will need it.
- Once sausage is browned and potatoes are starting to cook, turn down and cover and cook for a few more minutes until everything is tender
- Cover and let cook
- While covered and cooking, fry eggs and slice the roma tomatos
- Serve hash with soft yolk fried egg over top and fresh tomato on side
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
It is also great with some sriracha or hot sauce to kick it up a notch. I hope you try it and love it, and feel free to follow me on social media for other recipes that are of course…Eazy Peazy!
Find me here: Blog / Facebook /Twitter / Google+ / Pinterest / Bloglovin / Instagram