Chicken Satay: Tender marinated chicken satay bursting with flavor, and a peanut dipping sauce. This is a low carb or keto friendly meal option.
Chicken is a versatile and delicious protein option, but it can also get kind of boring. There is nothing boring about this Chicken Satay. It is marinated in a flavorful sauce, grilled up, and served with a creamy, delicious peanut sauce you will want to keep going back for.
When it comes to low carb dinner options, or every low carb snacking, this chicken satay is at the top of my list. This easy meal is so flavorful and super versatile. It makes a great appetizer. It makes a great snack. But this chicken satay makes an excellent meal. I love using it for meal prep, as part of my keto eating plan, or even for parties! Another mouthwatering option, is my chicken marsala.
Keto Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce
For the Chicken Marinade:
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless skinless
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oil avocado, olive, coconut
For the peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- Slice the chicken thighs into long strips about an inch thick so they resemble tenders, season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a large bowl or zip top bag.
- Add the marinade ingredients to the bowl or bag, except the oil.
- Stir the chicken to coat it evenly, then set aside to let marinate.
- Prepare the peanut sauce in a bowl, combine and mix all the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Thread the chicken onto wood or metal skewers.
- Heat up a grill pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add the oil, and spread it around the pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken skewers and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Place the cooked skewers on a platter with peanut sauce, garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Chicken or Low Carb board on Pinterest: