This post is sponsored by Viiva, all opinions are my own.
Fall Harvest Salad
Delicious Harvest Fall Salad loaded with roasted butternut squash, dried cranberries, pecans, pipits, two kinds of apples, and cucumbers all over a spring mix. It is then topped with a special dressing made from vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and a few spices, and Viiva Organic Green Power. So good, and nutrition packed!
This salad is all the best flavors of fall, and offers crunch, sweetness, savory flavors, and is totally satisfying. Serve it with a slice of crock pot bread, or no knead dinner rolls for a flavorful, delicious meal.
Fall Salad Ingredients
Spring Mix- I had a good chuckle when I thought about the fact that this salad, made specifically from fall inspired ingredients starts with a spring mix. But it is great with spinach as well. You can use any leafy green, but it is best with a nice mix.
Butternut Squash- Small cubes of roasted butternut squash add a natural sweetness, but also a nice heft to this salad. This is not one of those salads that leaves you hungry an hour after you eat it. The butternut squash can be replaced with sweet potato, or delicata, or another squash option if necessary. Just be sure to roast it to bring out that natural sweetness with a little bit of caramelization.
Pecans and Pepitas- Nuts and seeds are a fantastic way to amp up the protein on any salad while also getting healthy fats, and flavor! I chose pecans and pepitas for how they compliment the other flavors of this salad, but also because they are so seasonal.
Dried Cranberries and Apples– The apples are one of my favorite additions to this salad, cut them thin for best results, and enjoy the crisp, tart, and sweet additiion they make to this salad. The dried cranberries not only add a pop of color, but also a sweetness that helps offset the bitterness of some of the greens.
Cucumber– This is optional, and not as fall themed. But I added it for additional crunch, and to bring a lightness to the salad. I love cucumber with everything, or on its own like with this easy cucumber salad.
The Dressing– Think of the dressing like the accessory of the salad. Without it the salad would not be the same. Of course, you could choose a different dressing, but let’s talk about why this particular dressing, made with Viiva green power is so great!
How to Make Fall Salad Dressing
The dressing for this salad is a traditional vinaigrette using oil, apple cider vinegar, a few spices, and a splash of lemon. But in place of a sweetener and herbs I have used Viiva Green Power.
Green Power is, at the most basic level, powdered greens. However it is rich in organic omegas from chia and flaxseed, has prebiotics, and digestive enzymes, and offers a nice nutritional boost that is organic, vegan, soy and dairy free!
It could not be simpler to make this dressing, just add all the ingredients together and stir until combined.
You may remember from my Smoothie Recipes post that Viiva is a company that sells plant based protein powders that offer superior nutrition without the negative side effects from most pea proteins.
The Organic Green Power is what is referred to as a Kiik! It is a way to add nutrition to your smoothie in a simple way. But I have found I enjoy using the Kiiks on their own as well. If you want to give this kiik a try, I have a special discount code for you on 10% off your order.
Go to Viiva.com and use code “EZPZ” for 10% off your order
Main Perks of Organic Green Power
- Made from 50 raw, whole greens!
- Rich in organic omegas.
- Has prebiotics
- Offers digestive enzymes to help break down nutrients more effectively.
- Dried in a way that preserves microorganism and enzyme integrity.
- No dairy.
- No artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors.
- No preservatives.
Find Viiva Plant Protein and Kiiks like this Green Power on Viiva.com and use code “EZPZ” for 10% off your order.
Why Add VIIVA?
Ok, I get that if you were to make this salad with the Green Power you are essentially adding greens to greens. So why bother?
Life is busy and crazy, and while this salad is amazingly tasty and delicious I definitely could use more greens in my life, so I love being able to rely on products like Viiva to help me fill in the gaps with convenience.
I have found drinking a Viiva Plant Protein based smoothie is an excellent way to start my day, and incorporating other products, like the Amazon Super Fruits, Trim, and Green Power have only helped me look and feel better.
I also love their probiotic, and take it with me everywhere. It has become an absolute staple of my travel bag.
So here is what you need to know about Viiva products:
- Viiva’s Organic Plant Protein Base is a high-quality protein.
- Their products are designed to stoke the metabolism, curb cravings, and alkalize your body.
- Viiva has added FDA Approved Heart Healthy Soluble Fiber and digestive enzymes for increased nutrient absorption, and to aid in digestion while minimizing digestive distress.
- It is Organic!
- Keeps you full longer while giving you sustained energy for as many as 6 hours.
- Contains Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3, ALA) – Equivalent of eating 2 servings of fish per day
- Offers 78 Trace Minerals for energy and proper cell function
- Is a complete Protein Isolate: this means it contains all of the essential amino acids.
- Electrolytes balanced for hydration
- Sugar Free
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Unmatched Nutrition
- And only costs $2.86 / day
What You’ll Love About This Easy Fall Salad
Nutrition: The ingredients in this salad means you will get lots of nutrients without a lot of bad stuff. Pecans offer healthy fat, as does olive oil. But if you want a lighter version, cut back on the amount of pecans you use.
Ease: This salad can be tossed together quickly and easily, and with the addition of Viiva, you get even more nutrition with the ease of opening a packet.
Flavor: The flavors of this salad really shine with the roasted butternut squash, the earthy nutty flavors from the pepitas and the pecans, and of course the sweetness from the apples and dried cranberries. But the roasted butternut squash really takes it over the top and makes it taste like fall. It is rich in flavor, and offers complexity.
Crunch: Oh how I love crunch. Salad is so fun because you can add all kinds of texture with ease. This salad offers lots of satisfying crunch from the apples, the nuts and the cucumbers. And is perfectly complimented by the softer salad and dried cranberries.
Easy to customize: You can add or subtract ingredients and have fun with this salad.
Variations for Fall Harvest Salad
Think of this salad like a blank canvas
- Toasted Walnuts
- Roasted Chicken
Tip: If you add bitter greens to your salad like radicchio or endive, be sure to balance that bitterness with something salty like a gorgonzola cheese, and something sweet like fruit!
- Black pepper
- Dijon Mustard
The beauty of making your own dressing is you can play with the flavors, adding things to get the best combination for your preference. Have fun with it.
- Roast your butternut squash in bulk and keep it in the fridge to make it quick and easy to throw this salad together.
- Order Viiva products to have on hand for whenever you need a nutrition boost, a good source of protein, or even a high quality appetite suppressor to aid in healthy weight loss. Don’t forget to use the code “EZPZ” for a 10% discount on any Viiva product.
- Wait to dress your salad until just before serving, as the dressing can cause the greens to wilt if put on too early.
What to Serve with Fall Salad
The best thing you can do with this salad is enjoy it with a crusty bread or some grilled chicken. Here are a few of my favorites:
- 2 cups Butternut Squash
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Kiik Viiva Organic Green Power
- 4 cups Spring Mix
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 1 Tbs Pepitas
- 1 Tbs Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Cucumber
- 1/3 Granny Apple sliced
- 1/3 Gala or Fuji Apple sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast 15-20 minutes until tender, remove from oven and let cool
- Mix salad dressing ingredients together, taste, and adjust seasonings to preference, set aside.
- Cut apples into thin slices, then assemble salad with spring mix, apple slices, butternut squash, pecans, pepitas, and cucumbers.
- Drizzle with salad dressing
- Toss and enjoy!
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Salad board on Pinterest: