This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSecret #CollectiveBias
Kung Pao Pressure Cooker Chicken: The easiest 20 minute Kung Pao Chicken ever! Busy nights call for flavorful solutions, and this is it.
Kung Pao Chicken (Pressure Cooker)
©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Pin it to your (Board Type) board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
You guys, I love sharing a great recipe that is totally from scratch, but I am also super real. As in real busy… real tired…. real big piles of laundry…. hahahaha! I mean, as much as I want to, I really don’t have time every night to cook from scratch. So I wanted to take a minute to share one of my busy night hacks. It is a simple secret to extraordinary flavor made easy. So it is two part: One, cooking in a pressure cooker, this is the one I have and I love it and use it all the time.just to make things quick, and two using the NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces to make things tasty.
The P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces are so good. These sauces taste amazing, and can be a simple way to have your favorite Asian cuisine, or get a quick dinner on the table without sacrificing flavor.
And this recipe is so easy you could have your children make it! All you need is a programmable pressure cooker, and 5 minutes of time (20 total until the food is done). This is why I keep the P.F. Chang’s® Home Sauces on hand for those crazy nights.
I toss the chicken and the P.F. Chang’s® Kung Pao sauce into the pressure cooker, and cook for 15 minutes. While it cooks I throw on some minute style rice, and steam some broccoli. It doesn’t get simpler! Of course, if you do not have a pressure cooker, you can cook it in a slow cooker, it will just take longer, and you will have to think ahead. At the end of 15 minutes I have Kung Pao Chicken that tastes amazing.
Either way, you need these P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces, which can be found in the Asian food aisle at Walmart.
Kung Pao Chicken Ideas
Kung Pao Chicken is an amazing flavor, so if pressure cookers or slow cooker’s aren’t your thing, here are a few more fun ideas:
- Skewers and King Pao: Grilled chicken skewers sauced with the P.F. Chang’s® Kung Pao sauce
- GrilledKung Pao Chicken Sandwich with sauce added at the end.
- Kung Pao Chicken Salad: cabbage, mandarin oranges, chicken cooked in Kung Pao sauce, and crunchy noodles, all tossed together
No matter what you do with it, these sauces are awesome and will make life easier for you.
Other Asian inspired recipes that you may enjoy:
- Honey Asian Chicken
- Baked Asian Mahi Mahi Packets
- Asian Inspired Roasted Veggies
- Asian Dipping Sauces
- Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
Kung Pao Chicken (Pressure Cooker)
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 bottle P.F. Chang's® Kung Pao Sauce
- 2 cups white rice cooked according to package directions
- Garnish: green onion sesame seeds, salt and pepper
Pressure Cooker Instructions
- Chunk chicken up into cubes
- Put chicken in pressure cooker
- Pour P.F. Chang's® Kung Pao sauce over top *
- Put lid on, and program to cook for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions (and veggies if serving with them)
- When time is up, vent pressure cooker, open, stir and serve over hot rice.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Chunk chicken and put in slow cooker.
- Cover with sauce
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours
- This is the Crock Potthat I use and I love it because it wall automatically switch to warm when the cooking time is up so there is no need to worry about over cooking your recipes.
- Serve over rice.
Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe.
Pin to your Chicken board on Pinterest: